Fordmods Logo

EL Futura Dash ???'s 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

yer but my lcds are now red :P so i might stick with red and white for a while :P

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

Laximah wrote:
yer but my lcds are now red :P so i might stick with red and white for a while :P

oh, i thought you put in white LED's with a red filter...

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Post subject: Filters
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

New Zealand

On the topic of filters ... I have scanned through ALL the posts on this board (interior mods) and a common theme seems to be to use paper that has been impregnated (with wd40, etc) - I've done a bit of signwriting (as part of my job) and have found a really great product from Oracal (signwriting vinyl suppliers) ... it is an opaque film designed for lit signs ... I modded up a speedo for my old vespa and it turned out mint (with the stock standard globes) .. I'm going to have a go at the clock first (in green) then move onto the odo (which I need a bulb for anyway so may as well go the led route) .. I would go blue but as has already been said "everybody has it" so green may be a cool alternative (if done right) ... one questions that doesn't appear to have been answered though ... the blue look has been likened to the BA dash - it has red/orange needles that light up ok ... how do you go about replicating that? (i.e. do you need coloured leds around the dial then a white one behind the pointer?)

Cheers,

Kiwi Ford Fan

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

i used that plastic from those floppy folders... works an absolute treat!

Post subject: Re: Filters
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

Kiwi Ford Fan wrote:
On the topic of filters ... I have scanned through ALL the posts on this board (interior mods) and a common theme seems to be to use paper that has been impregnated (with wd40, etc) - I've done a bit of signwriting (as part of my job) and have found a really great product from Oracal (signwriting vinyl suppliers) ... it is an opaque film designed for lit signs ... I modded up a speedo for my old vespa and it turned out mint (with the stock standard globes) .. I'm going to have a go at the clock first (in green) then move onto the odo (which I need a bulb for anyway so may as well go the led route) .. I would go blue but as has already been said "everybody has it" so green may be a cool alternative (if done right) ... one questions that doesn't appear to have been answered though ... the blue look has been likened to the BA dash - it has red/orange needles that light up ok ... how do you go about replicating that? (i.e. do you need coloured leds around the dial then a white one behind the pointer?)

Cheers,

Kiwi Ford Fan

where can i buy some of that Oracal stuff? as i need a good filter material

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Post subject: Oracal signwriting vinyl
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

New Zealand

Best bet would be to do a scan of your local signwriting suppliers in your yellow pages (? ... that's what we have here) - the stuff is normally sold by the metre (expect to pay about $20 - $25 for a metre ... goes a very long way ... they may even provide you with scraps) .. other alternative would be to visit a signwriting place itself (for same reason as above) ... try a Google search on "Oracal" (for the Oz market) to see what comes up.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

i found using a white display folder peice of plastic wrapped in celefayn??? works well sorry dunno how to spell

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I used tissue paper.

Came out very nicely.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2