Fordmods Logo

EL Headlight Switch Removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Headlight Switch Removal
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:35 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hey Guys, How are you all, hope you all are having a great year so far. I have a small question. I have totally modified the interior of my ford but i have hit one problem. I cant figure outhow to get out the light switch in my EL falcon. I think its quite embarrassing but im not afraid to ask for help.

If someones got a step by step guide i would love to read it. Thanks alot guys :wink:

PS. Fantastic forum, so helpful CHEERS :D

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:02 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hi, its too not hard. Just remove the facia & gauge cluster carefully, there are about 10 screws to remove to release the facia. There are several screws located around the radio, which you get to by removing the ash tray facia. After you remove the facia you then remove the gauge cluster (4 screws) very carefully so as not to damage the mounting lugs. You can then remove the light switch.This is probably an oversimplification, but it is not a hard job, and should take less than an hour all up, including drink breaks. Remember that the light switch in a GL is different to a Fairmont or higher due to the different power requirments of the LED`s in the climate control & trip computers of the higher series, but they are interchangable. Be sure you are replacing your switch with an identical one to yours. LOL
Bonzer

Nothing is as easy as it looks.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

thanks for your help buddy, i was gonna just pull out the aircon vent and do it that way but i rekon cutting corners neva gets the job done properly. im gonna revamp myt cluster while im at it. blue lights might do tha trick lol. cheers again buddy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]