Fordmods Logo

Electric Seats 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Electric Seats
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Hey does anyone know of a good electric seat for my ED? What model falcons came out with electric seats. Sorry I dont know much about this

-- Built Not Bought --

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EBII Falcon GLi

WA, Australia

jaymeister wrote:
Hey does anyone know of a good electric seat for my ED? What model falcons came out with electric seats. Sorry I dont know much about this
Uh yeah mate I know the LTD's of the same vintage came out with power seats. Unsure about the Fairane/ Fairmont's though. Factory wiring goes from under the seat to the centre console and through to the dash area.

EBII GLi sedan 4.0 MPEFI, high series head unit, C**k green, ABS, EB sedan 4.0 MPEFI, red, stock

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagoon

WA, Australia

i fitted electric seats to my last ef. they were from an DF ltd. i ran a new power wire from under each seat up to under the pwr window switches and then one all the way back to the battery and put an inline fuse in it, just to be sure. i ran the earth to the handbrake bolts. it wasn't hard. the longest bit was getting the wire through the clutch cable and down to the battery. apart from that is was pretty much straight forward. as far as i know the LTD's came standard, it might have been an option on fairlanes and i have only seen elctric drivers seat , as an option, on an el fairmont ghia. make sure you keep your old seats though, just in case the seat motors die.

EF GLi Wagoon
Grandpa Spec

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

You will need t o find seats from a DC Series 2 Ltd for your car as the early seat bels wont fit the later cars, also the side mouldings will match in colour, finally unless you have a futura or fairmont, there is no power for the seats from the dash or centre console.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]