Fordmods Logo

ELECTRIC WINDOWS QUESTION 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Guys that grinding noise is the cable rubbing against itself because the plastic clip that holds it in place haa broken if u dont fix this the cable will fray,you need to get a washer and cut it down the middle on one end slide it over the cable. the fix is in the vehicle modification section from memory or do a search on electric windows.

It apperars the link in the mod section has been removed, and some electronic windows sales link has been put there.
there use to be a common problems for th ea to ef and faulty power windows was one of the links. anyway pull your trim off look at the white plastic clip when the window goes up and down you will see the cable kinking and here it rubbing because the white plastic clip is ot meant to move the fix is as per above.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

STANG wrote:
Guys that grinding noise is the cable rubbing against itself because the plastic clip that holds it in place haa broken if u dont fix this the cable will fray,you need to get a washer and cut it down the middle on one end slide it over the cable. the fix is in the vehicle modification section from memory or do a search on electric windows.

It apperars the link in the mod section has been removed, and some electronic windows sales link has been put there.
there use to be a common problems for th ea to ef and faulty power windows was one of the links. anyway pull your trim off look at the white plastic clip when the window goes up and down you will see the cable kinking and here it rubbing because the white plastic clip is ot meant to move the fix is as per above.
yer when i took my trim off the white plastic bit was all fukd and cracked and in pieces :) at the bottom of the door

Team EGO

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

If you guys havent noticed im very lazy and im definately not one for fixing stuff, I do eventually fix things but only when really necessay, i figured that i dont use the rear passenger windows so therfore i shouldn't fix them until my window screws up :)

Team EGO

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:50 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

EF_Mont_Ghia wrote:
If you guys havent noticed im very lazy and im definately not one for fixing stuff, I do eventually fix things but only when really necessay, i figured that i dont use the rear passenger windows so therfore i shouldn't fix them until my window screws up :)

Oh no we noticed dont worry about that... :lol: :lol:

Do I just take the door trim off or do I need to go further?h

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:02 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
EF_Mont_Ghia wrote:

Oh no we noticed dont worry about that... :lol: :lol:

Do I just take the door trim off or do I need to go further?h

once you've pulled the door trim off, you can't go any further :wink: from there you have access to the door skin itself, contained within which is the regulator. you'll pretty much have to feel you way around it, as it isn't obvious due to the fact you can't see it clearly. there will be a 2 bolts at the top holding the window into the regulator, and then 3 rivets at the top, and 3 at the bottom, holding the regulator onto the door skin.

you will need to drill these rivets out, unbolt the window (& hold it up!), remove the regulator, and replace with your new regulator. then you'll need to rebolt in the window, and replace the rivets with a series of new nuts & bolts, which you'll have to source the correct sized ones - ensuring they aren't too long so that they don't cut up your glass! :? ask Ugly Igley - i know he sourced the bolts for himself not long ago. i was lucky - mine had been done before, so i already had bolts in there & not the rivets! :P

i replaced my front drivers one, and had to re-do it all when my windows were smashed in the front & back - its a bit of a lenghty process, but well worth it to have working windows :wink:

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el fairmont

QLD, Australia

SO U GUYS R HAVIN PROBLEMS WITH YA WINDOWS MINES BEEN DOIN IT 4 A WHILE NOW I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN UNPLUGGING ITHE MOTOR INSIDE THE DOOR TRIM SO IT HOLD THE WINDOW UP PERMENATELY. GOT SICK OF NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE IS SO I GOT SOME NULON EZI GLIDE SPRAY AND NOW IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM!

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Do you put the spray on the window seals on the doors, or do you have to take the door lining out???
I'm keen to get some of the stuff and give it a go.....

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el fairmont

QLD, Australia

Spray it aound the rubber channel that the window runs up and down in!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2