electrical issues please help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: electrical issues please help
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 93 eb fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

hi guys i'd appreciate a little help as to why my passenger side electrical mirror isnt working (no sound from motor zilch!) drivers side is ok not sure if it is anything to do with passenger power window isnt working but i think that could be the switch (pretty sure they dont run in the same circut)
btw car is a 94 fairlane ghia

cheer's

Post subject: Re: electrical issues please help
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

To have two dodgy things in one door, one of the two plugs hasn't come undone behind the computer has it? Or corroded out or something weird like that? Either that or too many door operations has broken the wires from old age?

Or maybe the mirror has just burnt out a motor (there is two in them, one for up and down and one for left and right, if you can hear one and not the other I'd say its just a new mirror)?

Easy to test, find where the mirror plugs in behind door trim or plastic corner (not sure where passenger one is now)... And with an ohm meter from red to purple should be one motor (should get a low resistance) and from red to blue should be the other motor... If you get low resistance readings (can compare to drivers door) than mirror is definitely fine... Is a plug or wire somewhere... then you'd have to trace out the circuit from plug to plug... So easiest to check mirror first...

Same with apply for window from memory (94 is ED?) the black plug will have a big red and a big yellow wire in it, thats the window. and the clear plug with have red blue and purple wires in it and thats the mirror (these are the plugs behind the computer inside the car...)

See how you go with this anyway... If you encounter trouble let me know, will do my best to help out (this is fairly fresh from doing power window mod and EL door trim mod (custom looms))...

Cheers...
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Post subject: Re: electrical issues please help
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 93 eb fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

behind the ecu sounds like the prob as i cant hear either motor thanks heaps much appreciated
nl fairlane door trims is down the track they look awesome 8-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]