Fordmods Logo

ERGENT ERGENT ERGENT Before battery goes dead lol 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: ERGENT ERGENT ERGENT Before battery goes dead lol
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 585

Joined: 27th Feb 2005

Location: Geraldton
WA, Australia

Hey guys I have just connected up the head deck and put a battery in, in my ED which i have been building for the last year and a half. Everything worked amazing, central lockin, speakers, head deck, dash everything. until i went to turn it off and shut it up for the night. My interior light is stuck ON!!! nothing i can do will make it turn off. can anyone basically tell me the wiring diagram for the light? even if you say "theres a wire to an earth by the door and 2 to the switch and this might be ur problem blah blah blah" quick help would be extremely appreciated!!

 

_________________

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

_______________________________________

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:40 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

turn it off at the switch (ring behind the headlight switch?) :P

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 585

Joined: 27th Feb 2005

Location: Geraldton
WA, Australia

done that she still on

 

_________________

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

_______________________________________

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

its spelt urgent

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 585

Joined: 27th Feb 2005

Location: Geraldton
WA, Australia

thanks man real bloody helpful

 

_________________

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

_______________________________________

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

id just pull it out of its socket with a cloth and leave it till morning.

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
its spelt urgent


rofl

why not just disconnect the battery? for the time being

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

is it one of the door sensors???

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 680

Joined: 20th Sep 2006

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont

Power: 247 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I'd be ripping the globe out until I worked out what was wrong with it

 

_________________

1998 EL XR8 - Opt 20, Explorer Manifold, Pacemaker 4000's, Sunroof, BBQ Fuel

1975 XB Falcon 500 - 351 2V, Toploader, Twin 2.5", Genie headers, Holley 750

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

Sounds like it's getting a constant -neg feed from some where.
With all the work you've done did you take out the interiour light at all?
Check to make all screws holding in the interiour light are insulated from any metal on the light base not pinching any wires ect,
Check the 4 door switches to make sure they are turning of and on properly by using a multi meter set on buzzer,
Check the wire going to each switch on the doors for fraying ect as remember it's a -neg feed for the light.
It may also be a faulty interiour light switch on the dash.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:41 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 50

Posts: 3227

Joined: 12th Feb 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

Location: your mums
NSW, Australia

in the fuse box pull the fuse in the first row 2nd one down it should be a red 10 amp fuse, that will kill all the interior lights

 

_________________

BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 1093

Joined: 29th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

Location: Lower Hunter Valley
NSW, Australia

I had a similar problem on my wagon when I put the EF dash in it. Look at RedRoo's post. He has the reason and the answer to your problem.

 

_________________

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 585

Joined: 27th Feb 2005

Location: Geraldton
WA, Australia

thanks guys i took the fuse out last night just to save the battery so this morning ill get right into it. Yes i did put the light in when i was bulding it. like i said it was just an old dodgy a** shell when i got it so ive had to do everything. Thanks for your useful help! Ill keep you posted on what the problem is

 

_________________

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

_______________________________________

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:13 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 55

Joined: 5th Sep 2007

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Doncaster
VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
its spelt urgent

Actually the correct spelling of the past tense of spell is "spelled", no "spelt".
"Spelt" refers to a type of hardy wheat grain grown throughout Europe.

Although "spelt" can be used as a past participle of 'spell', it is only spelled "spelt" in America because of their propensity to breakaway from the traditional Anglo-Germanic way of spelling.
From now on I trust you too will spell correctly.
:wink:
I hope this helps with the interior light staying on?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

CAGT911 wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
its spelt urgent

Actually the correct spelling of the past tense of spell is "spelled", no "spelt".
"Spelt" refers to a type of hardy wheat grain grown throughout Europe.

Although "spelt" can be used as a past participle of 'spell', it is only spelled "spelt" in America because of their propensity to breakaway from the traditional Anglo-Germanic way of spelling.
From now on I trust you too will spell correctly.
:wink:
I hope this helps with the interior light staying on?


:mrgreen:

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names