Fordmods Logo

Exterior/Interior Wiring & Electronics!?! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

JohnnyFX wrote:

But why after market ECU?

if i am using most things off a BF, should there really be major problems with the read outs and things working together?

Why spend lots of time and money installing all the BF electricals when the BF ECU can't be tuned? Spend less money and have a fully tunable aftermarket ECU and retain all your current instruments and accessories!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Can't be tuned?

Yes it can. That's what CAPA and Herrods are selling in their Stealth / Flasher units.

The major units on the CAN bus are:

PCM, BEM, HIM (Heater Module), ICC and IC. The ABS/TCM/DSC Module is on both CAN and ISO bus. The IC is programmed to take speed either from a sensor from the gearbox or from the ABS/TCM/DSC module. You could probably get the IC changed by Ford to take the OSS input for speed. There are Falcons the ship without Traction Control so you should be OK without it.

I only know so much, but feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

it'll cost you 20 grand easily. Why bother? It will always be a EL. boost on SOHC motors works well too, and is less of a f**k.

Dansedgli gets kudos though as he has managed to get the DOHC motor in a EA but i'd forget about the ZF

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Sorry guys didnt know it was wrong to do something different... :?

some of you sound like my parents... why do this, why do that, its gonna cost you money blah blah blah
Ive spent close to $15000 on paint, body kit, wheels/tyres, new interior, sound system...
If i couldnt afford any of this would i be doing it? and no i dont want to go out and by a new car and be just like any other typhoon on the road

Waggin/old_mate im not throwing in a Typhoon engine & auto for the power otherwise yes i would just work on my engine, im not a power nut, im more into the visual side of things, and if i could open up my bonnet and see a fully running typhoon engine thats more pleasureable to me rather than the power that its putting out
My car is a 94 EF, its almost 13 years old and my auto has just s**t itself in the last year

im doing it for something different and to show people yes you can get a BA/BF engine in but you need to do this this and this
If no one tries it and completes it properly, or fails, where do all of you get your info from?

i asked if anyone can help with the elctrical side of things, and only 1 person has put his hand up so far

Happy ill get my uncle to ask his cousin who works in 1 of the departments at ford and see if i can get their wiring diagram, thanks

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

well best of luck to you. But i just know from being a bit older and having just bought a house that money becomes less and less disposable as life goes on. And i am sick of my mates who spent 30g on 550rwhp VL's and the like who only got 10 grand back upon sale of the car whinging about it.

take plenty of snaps :) I dont think it'd be impossible, BA motors are in EA's, EL's and AU's now

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

There is a ford manual pdf floating around on the web. This has the wiring diagrams in it.

It will be an awesome acheivement to get the standard ECU working. It was too hard basket for me to bother. Add together the cost of getting all the looms and modules needed + the cost of a flash tuner and the cost of custom tuning and it outweighed the price of an aftermarket ECU and for what I want the car for I chose the aftermarket ECU.

I wanted an ECU that could easily run an SOHC motor in case I had to take the BA motor out as well.

Good luck with it all.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Being a bit older? it says your 23 and im 2 years older than you lol
Thats why i just want to finish this car now and buy a house
next is a 67 Mustang Fastback (Eleanor is coming to ford mods 1 day lol)
My godfather lives in LA and said he can get me a shell to work on no probs
My parents have told me the same thing, 'you wont get your money back when you sell it' no s**t!?
Im not looking at resale value because i wont be selling it, it wont be worth it
All my mates earn minimum $1200 a week after tax without working extra so we all encourage ourselves with ideas we have
1 of my mates has a VS Grange, VS Senator and a VL Turbo
His bro has a 92 civic and an RX7 like in fast & the furious
My bro had a VL non turbo but cleanest original car i had seen and a 03 WRX
So with all my very close mates we all have quite a wide variety of cars.

Thanks Dansedgli, ill try have a look for the PDF.
Well as i said my uncles cousin works in Ford and i may be able to get a few things :wink:
so ill see how it goes but its not 100% yet, i just thought i would ask 1st because i still have to go down to FTG and see what extras come with the engine or whats missing like modules

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

cool

sorry about the age thing, i swore you were 18

all the best of you have the cash.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2