Fordmods Logo

Falcon EF - heater/AC problem - FIXED, see my last post! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Falcon EF - heater/AC problem - FIXED, see my last post!
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Falcon EF Wagon

WA, Australia

Hi all,

I've had a fair few problems and this is one of the last ones that's really bugging me! The heater blower controls work fine, but I noticed the other day when changing the blower from the middle and lower vents to the screen that the dial 'freed' up (had no resistance) and the blower has stuck onto the screen. How are the controls on this operated? If it's a cable will it just have snapped?

Ideally, I'd like to at least bodge it so that it's blowing into the cabin as it's really heating up here in Perth! :lol:

Any help with this would be appreciated, or a nudge towards a post with the solution.

Cheers,

Andy

Last edited by andyhardy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Falcon EF - heater/AC problem
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Just another point to note on this problem - I recently changed the plug leads on the car, does the vacuum line for the heater/ac controls run from this area or around this area in the engine bay? If it does then perhaps I've popped a hose off?

If anybody has any idea where I should be looking for an undone or broken hose then let me know!

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Have just taken the dash apart and can't see any hoses that are loose or broken - all appears as it should be. Could it be the control unit itself? I've heard talk about a blend motor - does my car have this as well or is it just models equipped with climate control (mine has basic aircon and heater).

Any help appreciated - I'm dying every time I drive it now!

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

did u check if the button is broken? if its not that then it sounds like its the control unit there should be some resistance when turning the dial.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

magna wrote:
did u check if the button is broken? if its not that then it sounds like its the control unit there should be some resistance when turning the dial.

Heat dial, AC, AC-Max, Fresh/Recirc and fan speed switches all work fine - just the blower selection dial that's stopped working. I've been chatting to a guy who's just solved his problem by replacing the whole air-con control module with another one, but my problem feels slightly different.

Does anybody have a picture or can they give a rough idea of where the vacuum supply hose connects to the inlet manifold in the engine bay? I've checked the back of the module and everything's hooked up fine, I've checked behind the glovebox and nothing's moved there but I'm wondering whereabouts on the bulkhead the vacuum hose will appear in the engine bay and if it's disconnected or broken, where it should connect to on the inlet side of things?

I've checked the Haynes manual for all of this and it shows up nothing!

Cheers,

Andy

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I've fixed it!

Having found the inside of the car to be OK, I thought I'd take a look near the bulkhead. Removing the air-intake pipe so I could get a better look, I found that one of the vacuum hoses had popped off the connector (obviously the one to the air-con control). It's nowhere near where I've worked, so I can only assume it came off when I had a backfire after having some issues with my LPG setup (which are now fixed too).

The bonus is that I now have a much smoother tickover! :P

Very happy - so for those that have this issue, try the vacuum hoses under the bonnet first (much easier to look at than those behind the control unit).

Cheers,

Andy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]