Fordmods Logo

Ford BA/BF Mp3 Auxiliary Input wired incorrectly? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford BA/BF Mp3 Auxiliary Input wired incorrectly?
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

Has anyone out there actually checked if their Mp3 Auxiliary input is working correctly?

I bought one of these a while ago and have had it installed in my car for months connected to my Ipod. I have just installed a DVD Mp3 player and removed the Ipod and I am now able to connect right and left channels independently using a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter and have just realised that the left and right channel are reversed. I have also just recently purchased one on behalf of my uncle and noticed that it was wired exactly the same as my original one (incorrectly). It is very easy to fix. All you have to do is swap the red and the white wires around at the plug end.

My main reason for starting this new topic is to bring it to everyone attention and to find out if anyone else has noticed this problem? I am not sure if my original car wiring loom was wired incorrectly in the first place (Friday build Ha Ha) or if all of the Mp3 Auxiliary inputs made by Ford are made incorrectly.

I would appreciate any response from others out there who have one of these Mp3 Auxiliary inputs, and would like to know the year and model of the vehicle, just out of curiosity, to see if and when Ford picked up on this problem.

Just so it is known, I have mine installed in a 2003 FPV pursuit.

If it isn’t an 8, don’t bother

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

im buying a bf (comes in next week) ive requested the AUX input but when i ordered the car it wasnt on the quote, if that doesnt come will there be a plug i can put my own cord in or do i have to have it done at a ford dealership

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

It is very easy to do yourself. The instructions are included. The AUX input gets plugged in behind the fuse panel.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

gli what dealership are u getting your car through? if your car doesnt come with one i can source u one thru my work (range ford at maddo) and i'll even show u how to install it if u like.

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: G6E Turbo

SA, Australia

I have installed my AUX input cable and the audio channels were correct.
I have also installed a noise filter as I was getting a lot of engine noise through the AUX input when I changed to a colour LCD premium system.

Car is a 2004 BA XT.

AG3NT - 2008 FG G6E Turbo / SS Growler Kit / 19 Inch Dark Argent Wheels / ASL RGB System / FPV Cluster / 60lb Injectors / F6 Piping & Intercooler / KPM 15PSI Tune
JON211 - 2006 BF Fairlane Ghia / SS Induction / 18 Inch FG G6ET Wheels / ASL RGB System / Twin Rear Headrest LCD DVD Players

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Do me a favour and confirm if the right and left channel is actually the right and left. Don’t press the MODE button on the stereo and balance right to left. All that does is transfer sound after it is amplified. You can do that with AM radio reception which is mono, which still doesn’t prove anything. Try using a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter and while listening to you Auxiliary input disconnect either the right or the left input. This is actually before it is amplified, then you can tell if it is working correctly. Adding and Ipod with a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead will work but you will not be able to tell if it is working correctly and which is right or left.

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

What sort of noise filter did you use? Where did you put it?

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

xpression, im buying through park ford on albany highway, ive been told by a sales rep there that the AUX cord is 28.80but hell just give it to me but then when he emailed the quote to me there was nothing mentioned about the cord, how is range fords service?, ive learned never go to titan ford they made me spend 3 hours doing paperwork to just test drive and i didnt evenget to drive it in the end so i went to park ford and said id like to drive an xr6 guy through me some keys and said see you when you get back, but since ive taken so long deciding on extras and s**t im gonna wait for the bf2, does any1 have a release date for it?

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: G6E Turbo

SA, Australia

Both audio channels are fine - left to left and right to right.
I used a filter that ASL supplied with the DVD playback unit - works great cutting out the entire engine noise. I placed it under the left hand side of the steering collumn - along with the blue box for video playback - plenty of room under there.

AG3NT - 2008 FG G6E Turbo / SS Growler Kit / 19 Inch Dark Argent Wheels / ASL RGB System / FPV Cluster / 60lb Injectors / F6 Piping & Intercooler / KPM 15PSI Tune
JON211 - 2006 BF Fairlane Ghia / SS Induction / 18 Inch FG G6ET Wheels / ASL RGB System / Twin Rear Headrest LCD DVD Players

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

jlgw70
That filter that ASL supplied, do you know if it is a power filter or if it is a filter on the RCA’s? As I mentioned earlier, I am in the middle of installing a DVD player and am about to make a custom wiring loom. It would be handy to know exactly what I need so that I can do it right the first time instead of cutting and joining things later.

Also thanks for tell me that your audio is wired correctly. Maybe mine was a Friday build.

Anyone else out there able to check if their right and left channels are correct?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]