Fuel Guage problems?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel Guage problems??
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

VIC, Australia

gday,

i was taking out ym cluster to spray the surround silver. and when i was putting the cluster back in i knocked it accidentally. not hard but yea the needle for the the fuel gauge dropped lower than the sport it usually sits as u can see in the picture below. compare it to the temp one. it drops right down against the surround plastic. when the cars running tho the needle still works properly. but the low fuel warning light doenst come on anymore!!! does anyone know how i could fix this.??

cheers

Attachments:
Cluster.JPG
Cluster.JPG [ 60.61 KiB | Viewed 167 times ]

Past: 150rwkw 5spd EF Futura - 4499's, 2.5" exh, Intake, Filter, Wade 1636, Head and Valve Work, Raised Comp.

Present: 5spd AUIII XR6 VCT Ute - 4480's, 2.5" exh, Tickford Intake, Pod in Box.
coming soon: 3.9:1 diff, Flashtune.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

turn it anti clockwise until it sits back in the right position

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Mine did the same but I noticed it before I put the cluster back in. Just turn it as Rapier said and eventually it will sit back in place.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Why do people spray the cluster surround that chrome colour? It looks .... bad. :/

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Carefully turn the needle toward the full position - it should reach it's stopper, carefully push the needle a little further - let it fall to zero, you might need to do this a few times to get it where you want it to sit. Carefully press the needle pivot to seat the pointer. Next time you fill the tank full, make sure the pointer is at full indication. Best way to remove needle if you need to is to use a kitchen fork (no s**t) with a little masking tape on the prongs as to not mark the dial face. Fuel low light may have a busted filament, as they are fragile, the lamp and base are one piece, so it is difficult to replace the filament in the base, if at all. If you have a spare demist s/w, rob the globe and base out of it (if it's okay). The light comes on with 10L or less in the tank, so just confirm with the cluster on diagnostic mode with the tank contents selected - you may find it's still okay.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

VIC, Australia

awesome , thanks... i got the needle to site right... now i just gotta fiddle round with the light

Past: 150rwkw 5spd EF Futura - 4499's, 2.5" exh, Intake, Filter, Wade 1636, Head and Valve Work, Raised Comp.

Present: 5spd AUIII XR6 VCT Ute - 4480's, 2.5" exh, Tickford Intake, Pod in Box.
coming soon: 3.9:1 diff, Flashtune.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:35 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Futura_XR wrote:
awesome , thanks... i got the needle to site right... now i just gotta fiddle round with the light

Try coimparing the fuel in the diagnostic mode to the needle, see if thats any more accurate.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]