Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FYI boot latch
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

last night i closed my boot lid in my EB then went inside, a few mins later my alarm goes off. i go out use the remote to reset it and after i did it i noticed the inside light and the light in the door handle were both still on.

found that the boot lid would not lock and the alarm keeps going nuts, i had to disconnect the plug. i went to Blacktown to pick and pay more and found that had a s**t load of EA fords and 3 EBs and no boot locks, so i looked at a EF/EL sedan and saw a new boot lock and they look the same.

so i pay me $10 for it and that’s not bad and i had my pocket full of screws and clips i was needing lol.

Found that the boot lock is the same only thing different is on the ef/el the have 2 washers on the lock were you bolt it on and the cable is a little different, were that plastic clip that clips the cable too the boot is longer,

all you do to fit the lock is remove the 2 washers and for the cable if you old one is ok change it over or you can leave it as is and it works fine.

just thought id share that wif yas.

BANNED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]