Fordmods Logo

Help me mount my heater fan! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Help me mount my heater fan!
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

just installed a new heater fan motor, i have a new heater fan blade to go on it as well. can some one give me tips on how to mount the fan blade on the motor so that it dosen't wobble around and vibrate when the fan is running? Need help quick as I have to put my dash back together!!!

has anyone here done this before?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Just push the fan on till its as far as it can possibly go, then put the retaining clip on, all done, no wobbles, if it does, you really have issues.

It can only go one way on, there is a flatspot alignment.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
Just push the fan on till its as far as it can possibly go, then put the retaining clip on, all done, no wobbles, if it does, you really have issues.

It can only go one way on, there is a flatspot alignment.

thanks for that, i want to get it right the first time because the old fan blade was tough to get off, i am worried that if i stuff it up i will have to bust my new fan blade to get it off again. Have you done it before??

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yes, I have pulled them apart many times, had my dash out at least 5 or 6 times, really seat it on, put the clip on, spin it around, if you are really that paranoid, use the battery connect power and see if it keeps you happy.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
Yes, I have pulled them apart many times, had my dash out at least 5 or 6 times, really seat it on, put the clip on, spin it around, if you are really that paranoid, use the battery connect power and see if it keeps you happy.

have you noticed that the fan blades are really hard to take off the fan motor? so I push it in as far as it can go and put the clip on tight. If i push it in really far, won't the back of the fan blade rub on the heater box??

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
Dellboy999 wrote:

have you noticed that the fan blades are really hard to take off the fan motor? so I push it in as far as it can go and put the clip on tight. If i push it in really far, won't the back of the fan blade rub on the heater box??

Yes they are real pain to pry off, put on as far back as you think is good, the shaft should be level with the middle when its on, mine have been done that way no noise.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
Dellboy999 wrote:

Yes they are real pain to pry off, put on as far back as you think is good, the shaft should be level with the middle when its on, mine have been done that way no noise.

you have been more lucky then me, this is the second time i have had a go at it, the first time i didn't get any wobbles but the fan was hitting somthing and making a clattering noise, i couldn't see what it was hitting so i bit the bullet and took it out again, I still can't figure out what it was hitting so I think that it had a very minor wobble in it and was bumping the side of the heater box

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh ok, well i never did anything special , just put it together spin it by hand make sure it didnt hit anything, then put the heaterbox in the car, no drama.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I'll try and put it in a bit further this time. I supose i could have pushed it in further the first time. If i push it in to far will the back of the fan blade rub against the heater box? Or is there somthing to stop it from going in to far?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

if you look at the back of the blade, i thought it had a liitle bit of plastic to stop it going too far back.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

It prob does, i just never bothered to check, I'll have a go at putting it back in tonight, *fingers crossed*

^^^ What He Said

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]