hi series ea dash problum 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: hi series ea dash problum
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: el falcon

VIC, Australia

hi i put a hi seris dash cluster and my car is a falcon it all works excpt the doors part it flashes how do i make it stop flashing is thir a way of tricking it so it thinks thir closed.any help would be grate.

Post subject: door lamps
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

This attachment may help

Attachments:
hicon.jpg
hicon.jpg [ 85.24 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: el falcon

VIC, Australia

thanks problum now fixed

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1981 V12 Jaguar XJS Coupe

QLD, Australia

ok fellas i know this thread was some time ago. but exactly how did you trick that LCD display of the car into thinking all the doors are shut?? i dont know what the signals mean? 180Rclosed/1380r open etc etc...
any help would be muchly appreciated.
Cheers Francis. (BTW this is an LTD dash going in my EA Falcon GL) and everything else is working fine. Just sick of the doors trying to make my car FLY away lol

Im confused???? I have a 1988 Holden Series II VL Commodore Berlina Sedan, 1989 Ford Series I EA Falcon GL Sedan, and a 1981 V12 Jaguar XJS Coupe. Which one is the better car????

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

cheap and nasty. One of my fav features of the digital cluster is the door open feature. In my opinion its very well worth the time and effort to get it to work as it should

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yeah it is a good feature but i dont have the time for a little while to actually get the door warning feature to work properly. at the moment i just want it so it dont flash. and besides the wiring for the doors has been squashed by the wreckers after i told them that i wanted the whole car cause it was the only one they had. so yeah not happy bout that either. they stripped everything apart from wiring. when i find the wiring i need then ill fix her up so she works properly.

Im confused???? I have a 1988 Holden Series II VL Commodore Berlina Sedan, 1989 Ford Series I EA Falcon GL Sedan, and a 1981 V12 Jaguar XJS Coupe. Which one is the better car????

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

any1 at all? someone mustve bodgied this up at one stage?

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:22 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey Jag_Tech

You will be waiting a long time for someone to tell you... Ive been waiting for 6 months for someone to come up with an answer...
Mine are still making my car fly aswell and it is very hard to find the parts for the doors... I'm still looking :cry:

Love getting ripped off by fellow Ford Modders... 4 to date so far since 2005!!!!
Please do it more!!!!

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

are you serious lol, oh well id try and sort it out myself its just that i dont understand what those characters mean? lol

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

its not that hard to fix, EA fairmont ghia's and LTDS with the digital dahs, Inside the doors, (remove door trim that digtal cluster came from) there are door switches, A long black or maybe yellow tube looking thing, maybe about 10cm long, thats the door switch, You need to wire that up to your door switch, its very easy, then to your dash need one for each door .

The fuel flap is easy, it just works on a magnet

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

your right altedxr6

I got mine on the weekend out of a old ltd and ripped the s**t out of the donor car to get at them... Vic's doco is partly true, but you don't need to take the lock mechanisim out completly as he said that is way too much piss f@rt around.. You can just twist the lock to the side and pop it in... much, much easier AND! when it comes to the back doors you can use a old metal coat hanger cut to feed the wiring though the plastic covering insted of on the outside of the rubber gromets as vic did in his pictures ..much neater and nicer.:wink: took a few hours but well worth it... my car doesnt fly away anymore :lol:

Love getting ripped off by fellow Ford Modders... 4 to date so far since 2005!!!!
Please do it more!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]