Fordmods Logo

Hid lights 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fairlane AU

SA, Australia

Jeez. They're freakin bright! I reckon I got ripped off cause mine aren't that bright. Nicely done.
And further more, I have had mine in for just over a week now.. not one flash from anyone else, even drove passed many coppers. Nothing.
There staying!

Ford AU2 Fairlane Sportsman
So Far: K&N Filter, Eagle Leads, 18" Tickford Azzurro Wheels, Xenon Headlights, SS Induction, Blue LED Interior Lights, Lowered, 2.5" Exhaust with Pacemakers, 3" Intake.
To Come: DVD Player/Screen, Brake Upgrade... Neverending really

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

there not Illegal most eurpian cars like the 300c beemers, mercs come from factory with HID's and some honda's i think the new accord euro i THINK

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF Fairmont AU Falcon FG XR6

VIC, Australia

Falcon96kickass wrote:
there not Illegal most eurpian cars like the 300c beemers, mercs come from factory with HID's and some honda's i think the new accord euro i THINK

anything over 6000k is deemed defective

My Fairmont

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok so im fine them mine are 6000k and i bought them from Malz in perth

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:10 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

I looked into whether they are legal or not and from what I gathered the kits aren't illegal but to put them into a car that isn't designed for them is illegal, e.g. you need those pop up squirters or little wipper blades to keep the headlight free from dirt. Thats what don't like cause if its dirty then the extra light given out from the xenons gets thrown everywhere after reflecting off the dirt.

So Far: K&N Filter, Eagle Leads, 18" Tickford Azzurro Wheels, Xenon Headlights, SS Induction, Blue LED Interior Lights, Lowered, 2.5" Exhaust with Pacemakers, 3" Intake.

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cgglasson wrote:
I looked into whether they are legal or not and from what I gathered the kits aren't illegal but to put them into a car that isn't designed for them is illegal, e.g. you need those pop up squirters or little wipper blades to keep the headlight free from dirt. Thats what don't like cause if its dirty then the extra light given out from the xenons gets thrown everywhere after reflecting off the dirt.

u got this in writing or is it "word of mouth"

My Fairmont

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:03 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:

A little from column A, a little from column B.
I got this from wikipedia. Under 'Xenon HID - Headlight' search.

Quote "Therefore, headlamp lens cleaners are required by ECE Regulation 48 on vehicles equipped with low-beam headlamps using light sources that have a reference luminous flux of 2,000 lumens or more. This includes all HID headlamps and some high-power halogen units."

But then again I haven't spoken or got written evidence from the authorities so I'm really only going by this and few other little passages here and there Like this one>>> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html

Post subject: Photo of my 6000K HID's in my BA XR6
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

Here is a couple of photos of mine lit up at night to give you an idea.

Attachments:
Image075.jpg
Image075.jpg [ 641.91 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]
Image076.jpg
Image076.jpg [ 575.31 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cgglasson wrote:
TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:

Quote "Therefore, headlamp lens cleaners are required by ECE Regulation 48 on vehicles equipped with low-beam headlamps using light sources that have a reference luminous flux of 2,000 lumens or more. This includes all HID headlamps and some high-power halogen units."

But then again I haven't spoken or got written evidence from the authorities so I'm really only going by this and few other little passages here and there Like this one>>> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html

thanks for the info mate im not questioning u about what u know but i saw nothing about the adr rules

as far as that web link shows its a load of s**t bout filters and refectors
i based that on lightforce lights range of driving lights the 240xgt (normal globe) has the same filter and refector as the 240 HID light the only diffrence is the ballast within the light its self
pdf information is on lightforces website www.lightforce.com

also kinda wanna add these bmws audis that have hid lights and they have passed their adr dot test lightforce hids have passed dont see why no a retrofit plug n play system would be any diffrent (remember me saying lightforce 240hid have the same reflector as the 240xgt) why would lightforce make a 240xgt when the design for that light was based on a hid reflector and filter ......lightforce rrp on their lights are as follows
2x lightforce 240XGT $500
2 Lightforce 240H.I.D $2000

My Fairmont

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:
TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:

thanks for the info mate im not questioning u about what u know but i saw nothing about the adr rules

i based that on lightforce lights range of driving lights the 240xgt (normal globe) has the same filter and refector as the 240 HID light the only diffrence is the ballast within the light its self

also kinda wanna add these bmws audis that have hid lights and they have passed their adr dot test lightforce hids have passed dont see why no a retrofit plug n play system would be any diffrent (remember me saying lightforce 240hid have the same reflector as the 240xgt) why would lightforce make a 240xgt when the design for that light was based on a hid reflector and filter ......lightforce rrp on their lights are as follows

or you guys could just get over it- you reckon your ride height's legal?
who cares! legal or not im keeping my xenons :!:

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordriver1 wrote:
TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:
TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
cgglasson wrote:

or you guys could just get over it- you reckon your ride height's legal?
who cares! legal or not im keeping my xenons :!:

my height is legal

:lol: whats there to get over we are just trying to work out and find proof they are or are not legal in writing

My Fairmont

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

yeah ok im just grumpy tonight. :(

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordriver1 wrote:

nuffin else to do in adel hahahaha

My Fairmont

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

TickFordEFXR6 wrote:
fordriver1 wrote:

nuffin else to do in adel hahahaha

Of course theres something to do in Adelaide :roll:

It seems as though it's all a bit of s**t bout them being illegal, expecially with what you've found. Also those BMW/Audi/Merc and the likes all have those washers I'm sure.
But I'm thinking its got to do with them being your low beams - 'driving lights', as those lightforce and any other additional lights are meant to have an individual switch for them (acording to a mate I helped put some lightforce lights on his ute) therefore aren't your 'driving lights'.
Either way they will be staying on my car, but would I would be interested to know if it's true or someone didn't like them and then started a rumour that they were illegal.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2