Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Interior Detail
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:46 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU3 XR8

Power: 191 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Well I had a Huntsman spider crawl into the car yesterday while I was driving and my missus wanted me to hunt the lil sucker down before she ever gets into the car again(hmmm...might just leave it there..hehehe) which I did and thought I might aswell start my Full detail, correction and enhancement on the car.

Today I decided to start off with cleaning and treating the interior, cleaning the wheels and boot, door and bonnet jambs.
First was the wheels
The wheels were in pretty good condition except for all the alloy dish part of it which was dull and covered in water spots.
I used Driven MultiSurface Cleaner concentrate diluted 7:1 to clean the wheels. It was just sprayed on, left for a few seconds then brushed and rinsed off. Driven multisurface cleaner is an eco friendly product which is non caustic and does not contain any solvents.
Next was to clay the wheels. I used an old piece of clay and Driven Quick Spray as lubricant and just clayed as much parts of the wheel as possible.
With the alloy dish part of the wheel being all dull I decided to try Using Driven Finish Restorer to polish it up alil. I used a normal applicator pad with the finish restorer to get it to this.
I then cleaned the wheels again and dried it before I applied Driven Auto polish to it.

Door, Boot, Bonnet Jambs
Once again I used Driven Multisurface cleaner diluted 7:1 and sprayed it on the jambs doing 1 section at a time. I let the cleaner sit for a few seconds to loosen up any dirt and grease then brused it to loosen up any stubborn bits.
I then hit it wih a pressure cleaner to make sure I got everything out of the jambs, especially around the hinges.

Interior Clean, Treated & protected
First off I sprayed some Mortein under the driver and passenger seat to get the Huntsman out as there was no way in hell I would start cleaning the interior with that lil sucker crawling around. I gave it 5 minutes then what do you know.....Got cha!
After that was out of the way I pulled out the mats and started vacuuming.
Carpets and mats werent too dirty so just a vac was enough. I sprayed the drivers mat with some Multisurface cleaner and scrubed it then wet vacced it.
Air vents were brushed with a vent brush then vacced aswell to get rid of the dust stuck inside.
Dash, trims and seats were cleand with Driven Multisurface cleaner diluted at 15:1. All I did was spray the solution on to a microfibre towel and wipe the surface then followed it up with another clean dry microfibre towel.
This is what the towel looked like after I cleaned a couple of the seats.
After it was all cleaned I treated the dash, door trims and console with Driven Vinyl, Rubber, Leather protectant.
I used a round contour pad to apply the protectant. I just worked it in till it dissappeared then followed it over with a clean microfibre towel.
I used Glare Vinyl and Leather Protection on the seats and applied it in the same way as the Driven VRL.
Both these products do not contain silicon so I gives the interior a nice matte finish and will not attract dust which silicon products do.
Pictures were not at its best as it was dark and rainy outside so I had to get the halogens on to even see.

Next part of detail will be exterior wash, clay and paint correction.:wave:

AU3 XR8 Manual, Full options,Pursuit Lip, Boss bonnet, Hurricane extractors, zorst, SS Induction, K&N filter, Flash tuned...191rwkw

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Nice work mate.

I recently did the same clean job on all the insides of the doors/sills/boot jams/bonnet jams etc, and it makes a hell of a difference.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED Futura

VIC, Australia

s**t that came up awesome!

"We will rise from chaos to elude this damnation, Hail horror, hail infernal world, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]