Fordmods Logo

Interior question - EL Falcon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Interior question - EL Falcon
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:49 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hello, when i turn 18 i am looking at buying an EL Falcon. I was previously looking at those Ford Fairlane NL's because i LOVE the interior on them so much. Would it be possible to get the exact same seats, steering wheel etc etc in an EL Falcon?

How much would it cost, I'm estimating my budget will be about $15,000 but that has to include the car. I'm putting all the money i earn from work towards my future car.

Also, i noticed "Mongoose" has a really cool body kit on his car, what model Falcon does he have? Would that body kit fit on an EL?

Thanks

P.S Mongoose i love your car!

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Hey damoo,
$15000 budget? You could just buy an NL for that and have change. Mongoose has an EF GLi or Futura. The sides and rear would fit an EL, but the front wouldn't unless you changed the bonnet and headlights to EF ones.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:41 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Oh okay, so I'd be better off just buying the NL, is it hard to find a 4.0l one? Because in Victoria P platers cant drive V8s i think. Would the body kit that Mongoose has fit the NL Fairlane? Also how much would a good conversion from auto - manual on a NL cost? Because i don't want to have an Auto as my first car (My parents both drive manual cars too, so i can learn from theirs).

Also, with a body kit how much would it cost to get a professional to do the installing and painting for me? I wouldn't trust my self doing DIY on a large investment like a car, also i have no knowledge on modding cars anyway.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Hey mate,
That bodykit wouldn't fit an NL. 4.0L NL's are very common and cheaper than the v8's generally. A 5 speed conversion for E series 6's are like under $1500 from what i've read.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA falcon

SA, Australia

you could get a ba and still have left over money to do it up. that would be beta.

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Or start with a EL fairmont Ghia. The first front bar that MoNGooSE got was for a fairmont so the kit is not out of the question. Then put the manual in that.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

What'd I miss? :shock:

My car is an EF Futura and the kit's called an EF GT Kit. Like has already been mentioned, the front will not REALLY fit an EL due to different headlights and bonnet... However, nothing's impossible :wink:

You can grab the kit off eBay or direct through the guy I got mine off of. And yes, they do make a special front bar with a seperate grill to fit Fairmonts. Kit would cost you a minimum $2500 fitted and painted.

And also mate, don't pay someone to do the kit as you'll be paying out your a***. There's pleanty of people on here, myself included, who have a bit of experience and would be more than happy to give you FREE advice. Besides... What good are mods if you can't say to people, "Yeh, I did that" 8-) 8-)

Last edited by MoNGooSE on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ducati119 wrote:
you could get a ba and still have left over money to do it up. that would be beta.

Shut up Tom... Going with the crowd by "buying a BA, dumping it and fitting 18's"... Just coz you sold your EF... :evil:

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

EL have the best interior imo.

BA's and especially AU's look cheap and tacky to me.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Same headlights/bonnet on both EF and EL monts.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I LOVE BA interiors... Each to their own though... EF/EL ones are also good... a close second.

AU ones SUCK BALLS!

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

MadMatt wrote:
Same headlights/bonnet on both EF and EL monts.

But EL base models have the rounded headlights and different bonnet which would not fit with the front bar... However it would be an easy fix I reckon...

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I did suggest a EL Fairmont Ghia to him.......

Member Number 8804

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
I LOVE BA interiors... Each to their own though... EF/EL ones are also good... a close second.

AU ones SUCK BALLS!
-does that mena you like AU interiors? :lol:

Ive an EF Fairmont that i retro tech'd a complete EL Ghia interior into.. cappa/leather/woodgrain.. And never looked back since..

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:10 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Quote:

Aren't they the "newer" Falcons? I would of thought they'd go for $20,000+?

Quote:
Or start with a EL fairmont Ghia. The first front bar that MoNGooSE got was for a fairmont so the kit is not out of the question. Then put the manual in that.

Whats the difference between the Fairmont and the Fairlane?

Quote:
My car is an EF Futura and the kit's called an EF GT Kit. Like has already been mentioned, the front will not REALLY fit an EL due to different headlights and bonnet... However, nothing's impossible

Oh okay, it probably would be impossible for me because i have no knowledge of cars pretty much. Even if i did try what "damage" could i cause if i didn't do something right?

Quote:
You can grab the kit off eBay or direct through the guy I got mine off of. And yes, they do make a special front bar with a seperate grill to fit Fairmonts. Kit would cost you a minimum $2500 fitted and painted.

Yeah, thats where i found it when i was looking for body kits hehe. $2500 painted doesn't seem too much, is that in any colour?

Quote:
And also mate, don't pay someone to do the kit as you'll be paying out your a***. There's pleanty of people on here, myself included, who have a bit of experience and would be more than happy to give you FREE advice. Besides... What good are mods if you can't say to people, "Yeh, I did that"

Yeah, but I'm too scared I'll do something wrong and destroy the car. I suppose i could do it when I'm "game" enough and have learned enough from the forum.

Quote:

Is the Fairmont the same size as the Fairlane? Because I'd like a car that can comfortably fit in 4 people. As I'd like to be the designated driver for my parents and my sister.

Quote:
EL have the best interior imo.

BA's and especially AU's look cheap and tacky to me.

I dont mind the BA or AU's, the latest model Ford i have been in was my Dads old one from 1985 (Not sure on what it was). So thats probably why they look cool to me.

Also, whats the difference between the Ford "LTD" and the Fairlane "NL" Ghia, because they look the same to me. I was originally looking at the LTD i think. I'm not too sure lol.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next