Fordmods Logo

Keep sounds going during engine start?!... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:12 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

All I've done, is add a switch to the acc line of the stereo, so I can switch it from ACC, to constant 12v. When it's switch to constant, it remains on over a start, and also means it can be on without the keys.

Get a DPST switch, wire the common part of the switch to the stereo's ACC line, then wire the other switch points to ACC and +12V, flip the switch as needed, for ACC (i.e. normal) or +12V (i.e. constant) operation.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

I got another interior loom for $20 plus delivery off ebay. I would definitely do this before spending 2 hours rebuilding the old one. My fairmont was all working but I am adding ghia door trims so I figure a ghia loom will be easier.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

data_mine wrote:
All I've done, is add a switch to the acc line of the stereo, so I can switch it from ACC, to constant 12v. When it's switch to constant, it remains on over a start, and also means it can be on without the keys.

Get a DPST switch, wire the common part of the switch to the stereo's ACC line, then wire the other switch points to ACC and +12V, flip the switch as needed, for ACC (i.e. normal) or +12V (i.e. constant) operation.

Interesting concept... Although I have to pull the entire dash out to put the Fairmont one in, so will run extra wires all over the show whilst doing that. I think the constant 12v is dropping out as well (my battery is getting a bit old, I guess) as the trip computer clock resets itself on those cold morning engine starts...

Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon wrote:
I got another interior loom for $20 plus delivery off ebay. I would definitely do this before spending 2 hours rebuilding the old one. My fairmont was all working but I am adding ghia door trims so I figure a ghia loom will be easier.

GHIA DOOR TRIMS... I want some of them... The only guy I've found with them will only sell his seats and centre console and door linings as one unit.

If I can't find any for next to nothing soon I will just buy some fairly thin wood, cut the shape out and spend hours sanding and shaping...!

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
data_mine wrote:

Interesting concept... Although I have to pull the entire dash out to put the Fairmont one in, so will run extra wires all over the show whilst doing that. I think the constant 12v is dropping out as well (my battery is getting a bit old, I guess) as the trip computer clock resets itself on those cold morning engine starts...

Maybe you could run a separate relay from the ECU relay trigger wire. The ECU doesn't shut off during cranking. So you could use this in conjunction with a relay (maybe a timed relay) to power the stereo to keep the power running.

fiend wrote:
GHIA DOOR TRIMS... I want some of them... The only guy I've found with them will only sell his seats and centre console and door linings as one unit.

Shame your not in Auckland. I have a set here I could posted to you for free - or next to free.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

arm gun wrote:
fiend wrote:
001111010011010111100110010110000_mine wrote:
All I've done, is add a switch... means it can be on without the keys.

Get a DPST switch, ... (i.e. constant) operation.

Interesting concept... Although I have to pull the entire dash out to put the Fairmont one in, those cold morning engine starts...

Maybe you could run a separate relay from the ECU relay trigger wire. The ECU doesn't shut off during cranking. So you could use this in conjunction with a relay (maybe a timed relay) to power the stereo to keep the power running.

Hmmm... Yeahp. Sounds like a totally easy little solution to me. Since I have not quite pulled the dash out to replace the climate control system (been busy, as you do...) I will look at running extra wires everywhere to provide alternatives once the dash goes back in. I'd better make a list of all the extra things I'm going to add.

I have also looked closely at the light in the ceiling - You know, the fitting that has the courtesy lamp and the two individual lights for the people in the front - and I think I am going to put in another one so that there are four focused lights with the big courtesy lamp in the middle. To me it looks possible to chop the "big lens" end off leaving an open tube of that opaque white plastic, I could then put the two lamps and switches from another light unit on the open end...

arm 79, but doesn't look a day over 68... wrote:
GHIA DOOR TRIMS...

Shame you're not in Auckland. I have a set here I could posted to you for free - or next to free.

Well well well ....
Twist my arm kind sir... ..... ....
Or can I twist yours sir of a kind arm.....

Attachments:
car_internal_light.gif
car_internal_light.gif [ 37.99 KiB | Viewed 792 times ]

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:08 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

fiend wrote:
arm gun wrote:
fiend wrote:
001111010011010111100110010110000_mine wrote:
All I've done, is add a switch... means it can be on without the keys.

Get a DPST switch, ... (i.e. constant) operation.

Interesting concept... Although I have to pull the entire dash out to put the Fairmont one in, those cold morning engine starts...

(been busy, as you do...)

Yet you have ample time to rename us all in your quotes.
(btw: I'm not complaining)

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yeah, okay
1010101010 wrote:
I am a geek

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

and proud

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
data_mine wrote:

Rick's EF Fairmont Wagon wrote:

If I can't find any for next to nothing soon I will just buy some fairly thin wood, cut the shape out and spend hours sanding and shaping...!

I've got some of those door things but im after the wole interior how much does that guy want??

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

DUDE ---
RingSting... wrote:

I've got some of those door things but im after the wole interior how much does that guy want??

I am in New Zealand and that guy with the interior for sale is in AUCKLAND. As I've found with other purchases, costs of frieght to / from the West Island is bloody stupid.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2