Fordmods Logo

LCD Odometer 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

the LCD screens are ment to dim on all E series fords.

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 37

Joined: 29th Oct 2005

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
the LCD screens are ment to dim on all E series fords.


yeh so I have heard, it just wasn't as noticeable when it had the standard orange glow...

I'm still looking for a way to fix this
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

nesa09 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
the LCD screens are ment to dim on all E series fords.


yeh so I have heard, it just wasn't as noticeable when it had the standard orange glow...

I'm still looking for a way to fix this


I beypassed the dimming by wiring the lights off another 12V power source

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
nesa09 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
the LCD screens are ment to dim on all E series fords.


yeh so I have heard, it just wasn't as noticeable when it had the standard orange glow...

I'm still looking for a way to fix this


I beypassed the dimming by wiring the lights off another 12V power source


yeah i think thats about the only way u can stop the odometer from dimming

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:56 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
twirqurky wrote:
I used a bit of tissue paper and a blue Narava LED lobe behined it, same in trip comp. Make sure you sand down the top of hte globe to spread the light evenly.


you did that to the narva? what was the part number of the LED you used?



47902. Normal Narva Blue LED Globes. I just grabbed some sandpaper from the shed and sanded it all around. Helps disperse the light more evenly.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
twirqurky wrote:
I used a bit of tissue paper and a blue Narava LED lobe behined it, same in trip comp. Make sure you sand down the top of hte globe to spread the light evenly.


you did that to the narva? what was the part number of the LED you used?



47902. Normal Narva Blue LED Globes. I just grabbed some sandpaper from the shed and sanded it all around. Helps disperse the light more evenly.


Yes 47902 or N47902 depending on how there product listing goes and if u are wanting blister packs of 2 just add BL to the end of the part number. then u get a box of 10 or so.

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1552

Joined: 26th Oct 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

can i sandpaper the factory globe to get the similar affect?

 

_________________

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:54 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
nesa09 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
the LCD screens are ment to dim on all E series fords.


yeh so I have heard, it just wasn't as noticeable when it had the standard orange glow...

I'm still looking for a way to fix this


I beypassed the dimming by wiring the lights off another 12V power source


yeah i think thats about the only way u can stop the odometer from dimming

I've fitted LED lighting to both my cars, and they also have Trip computers fitted which have LED's as well. I can't ever recall the odometer dimming when parkers are switched on. The Trip computers dim though, but only very slightly. The wiring is per the doco.

The only difference I can see is that I'm using white LED's rated at 15000 mcd.
As I've noticed a few people finding their trip computer dimming too much, this may be a viable solution.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:22 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

theblackone wrote:
can i sandpaper the factory globe to get the similar affect?


Doubt it but why would you, stock globes already light up all the cluster!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:29 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1552

Joined: 26th Oct 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

THE PICTURE LOOKS DARKER THAT IT REALLY IS... the dash is lit pretty well but dull in some places (but still seeable)
Image

its a bit dull around the 4 5 k rpm and 70 - 90 kph

would Led's be the only solution or can i do something to the stock globes to fix those areas.

 

_________________

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:47 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

LEDs are the only option. Mines a bit dull in some areas, I just got used to it. DId you sandpaper the globes?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1552

Joined: 26th Oct 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

nah i havent sandpapered them yet.. should i give it a go... i might do that and if it hasnt improved ill just use the LED

what grade of snadpaper should i use..does it matter

 

_________________

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:27 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I didnt care what I used, but it might. Dobut it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1552

Joined: 26th Oct 2005

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

one way to find out ;)

 

_________________

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names