LED filter advice needed 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: LED filter advice needed
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

I have recently replaced the filter colour in my Climate Control from factory orange to blue, however while it looks ace at night, i can bearly see it in day time. I suspect that this is because the blue paper i used is rather dark. Can some body suggest a good filter colour that will give a blue apperance but still be visable in day time? ie light blue paper, transperant blue plastic etc

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

just go round to some office stores and newsagents and get a few different shades of blue paper. like you said your current ones to dark, so get some lighter ones and it should be sweet. papers not really exxy, so you shouldn't blow your budget sampling a few hey!

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
just go round to some office stores and newsagents and get a few different shades of blue paper. like you said your current ones to dark, so get some lighter ones and it should be sweet. papers not really exxy, so you shouldn't blow your budget sampling a few hey!

you are right there it is just a pain pulling it apart and putting it back to gether all the time. what should i try that is more exxy?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

you are right there it is just a pain pulling it apart and putting it back to gether all the time. what should i try that is more exxy?

Do you have a clock there a peice of piss to remove. You could just use that for testing and not put it fully back together untill you've sure the colour works right!
Basically you shouldn't need any fancy paper. I just got an el cheepo green pad from the 1$ shop for mine! And worked fine!

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

don't have a clock, have a trip comp. are the filters easy to remove on the trip comp? i had a look and it looks like the filter is stuck to the glass is this right?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
don't have a clock, have a trip comp. are the filters easy to remove on the trip comp? i had a look and it looks like the filter is stuck to the glass is this right?

trip computers similar to clock, and clock wasa peice of piss to do. can't remembr how, but i probably just undid everything i could.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

For some reason i found the same filter (blue) behind trip comp and c-control look different - the c-control was greener!?

try plastic sleeves used as dividers in folders

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

bentfairmont wrote:
For some reason i found the same filter (blue) behind trip comp and c-control look different - the c-control was greener!?

did you check that both were using the same globes to illuminate them? maybe one had been replaced in the past.,..

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

bentfairmont wrote:

i haven't noticed this, i used a very dark blue paper and it came out VERY dark blue. Didn't look all that green but i have only tried one colour... pity the dark blue looked sick at night...

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:

trip computers similar to clock, and clock wasa peice of piss to do. can't remembr how, but i probably just undid everything i could.

don't the EA-ED clocks have black numbers? does this mean it has a black filter!? dosen't sound right!

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

I think its cos the plastic is quite transparent and i can almost see the globe filiment at night! i think the trip is smaller globe so its not so obvious

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:29 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Fairmont + EF gli

QLD, Australia

I used WHITE paper as a filter and blue LEDs .... Looks great at night and a little dull in the day But you can still see it

Photos Here :)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jewie/index.htm

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

is it a major mod putting in LEDS? can you get them working with the globe wiring?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

just looked at my trip comp, does anybody know how to change the filter in EA-ED trip comps? I tryed pulling the filter out but it feels as if it is stuck to the glass how do you get them out?

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I used tissue paper and white globes on trip comp, came out tealish. On cluster I used blue tissue paper and blue LED Glboes and came out awesome.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next