Fordmods Logo

light 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: light
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6

NSW, Australia

see the light that comes on and light up the pannel that shows the P R N D 1 2 thing for auto tranmission?

mine dosnt come on and i have no idea on how to change it

any ideas

thanks heaps

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU S2 XR8

WA, Australia

wat model? i think most of the falcs u just take the shifter off, then a screw or two? in the cup holder and one/two in the front both under little plastic bits that just sit in there, then lift the console up a bit and you'll see the globe holder next to the shifter on the r/h side, im pretty sure its just a little wedge globe.

it sorta makes sense?!

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6

SA, Australia

If you're referring to a BA, see my thread here:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

Apparently it entails removing the whole darn console!!

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6

NSW, Australia

its an au falcon 1998

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU3

SA, Australia

yes the centre console has to come out. i cant remember how i took mine out tho. From memory there are a couple screws under the cup holder and near the back of the console on the sides there are a couple of bolts.

Post subject: Re: light
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII SR

QLD, Australia

big red xr6 wrote:
see the light that comes on and light up the pannel that shows the P R N D 1 2 thing for auto tranmission?

mine dosnt come on and i have no idea on how to change it

any ideas

thanks heaps

In an AU, the centre console normally has to come out but you can change the bulb without completely removing the console.

1 undo the screw in front of the T Bar shifter and remove the handle
2 remove the 4 screws that hold the console in, 2 under the rubber cover in the drinks holder and 2 under the rubber cover in the front 'tray'
3 chock the wheels and release the handbrake and put the car in 1st gear, you can just press down on the centre shaft on the gear lever to shift it without the handle.
4 put both fron seats in the most forward position.

Now for the fiddly part.
Get in the back seat and slowly but firmly, lift the back of the console and "wiggle" it up and backwards at the same time..TAKE YOUR TIME.
you'll find that the console will come up but will still "drag" on the sides on the back of the seats, use this to hold the rear of the console up. You may have to place the gear lever in various positions as the console starts to come out.

Now if you look on the driver's side of the Tbar gear changing mechanism, just under the console when you've lifted it up, you will see the gear indicator light wiring going in to a bulb holder on the side. Just twist the bulb holder anti clockwise and remove and replace the blown bulb. Check that the new bulb is working before putting everything back together. (It comes on with the parkers and is a wedge bulb. I used a 10amp one.)

When you replace the centre console, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T FORCE ANYTHING, and it'll all slot into place. Now putting it all back together is just a reversal of what you did to remove it.

Just ensure that the Tbar handle is sitting snugly on the shaft and the button is properly in place before replacing the screw. This should be your last job anyway.

That's about it.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII SR

QLD, Australia

I forgot, there are 6 screws holding the centre console in, not 4 as my previous post stated. There are also two at the rear of the console, one on either side, very easy to get at though. :roll:

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

or just pop out the shifter surround, pull the bulb out and put a new one in

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]