Fordmods Logo

Loom, clock etc etc nylon/plastic plug connectors.. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Loom, clock etc etc nylon/plastic plug connectors..
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Hey all just installing a trip comp to EF - wasnt fitted with one factory so I know I have to instal the three extra wires for data, illumination and dimmer/illumination and hack of the old clock data wire.

Now to attach the new wiring to the trip computer connector and opposing end cluster plug I need to know if anyone has the part numbers of the little silver connectors that are crimped to the wiring so that they click in nice n snug with the plug.

Hope I havent lost you ... its not the plug im after but the connectors used to connect internaly to the plug..

I had a look around d**k smiths yesterday and couldnt find anything ...also couldnt find anything on the jaycar website and bunnings, supercheap, repco etc etc are all useless when it comes to automotive electrical...

Appreciate any help..if anyone knows the part numbers for jaycar, d**k etc or knows any joints round here that may sell this stuff ta.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I think you'll find the quickest, easiest and cheapest way is to use secondhand pins with a short length of wire still attached. Solder the wire lengths into your wire looms, click the pins into the plugs and you're away.

I've got plenty of tripcomp/clock and cluster pins with wires if you need some.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
I think you'll find the quickest, easiest and cheapest way is to use secondhand pins with a short length of wire still attached. Solder the wire lengths into your wire looms, click the pins into the plugs and you're away.

I've got plenty of tripcomp/clock and cluster pins with wires if you need some.

Yeh was gonna do that but f**k if I can get some of these old ones out of mine that arent required anymore...stuck in there somethin shockin

I'll hit up jaycar sometime this week ford may even be worth a go I guess..at the end of the day i need em so yeh...appreciate the help dude

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I know wot ya mean about trying to remove old pins. I ended up baring the wires about 5mm, poked them down the gap next to pinhole then 180 back into pinhole. Sounds a bit rough but as long as wire isn't frayed out and touching another pin it works fine. Once it's plugged in it'll never move.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:24 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Yeh was gonna do that but f**k if I can get some of these old ones out of mine that arent required anymore...stuck in there somethin shockin
I'll hit up jaycar sometime this week ford may even be worth a go I guess..at the end of the day i need em so yeh...appreciate the help dude

NP.
For new stuff, that's where I'd check - d**k Smith's pretty ordinary.
The old pins aren't too hard to get out - have a look at a vacant pin hole, and see how the finger is positioned - use a small instrument screwdriver to lift them, and the pins push out.
I'm not a keen supporter of the push in bare wire routine - pins are the best way.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

a thickish needle or safety pin is also a good way of lifting up the finger to pull the pins out!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Happy wrote:
a thickish needle or safety pin is also a good way of lifting up the finger to pull the pins out!!

Yeh what ive currently tried but their stubborn lil fookers :P...hit up DSE, Jaycar today all no good they dont stock and cant get em .. also tried a couple ford wreckers and apparently most auto elecs should carry heaps whickh i kinda hoped for so have to hit em up otherwise Conventry's or finally fraud parts :P

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]