Fordmods Logo

Low wiper wash sensor 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

more importantly, how do you disable this incredibly annoying light. whenever i see that frickin light come on, i swear it takes years off my life before i realise it's nothing important.
why the heck do you need to know that the washer bottle is empty? It's pretty easy to work out that it's m.t. - it dosent work :roll:

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Punnisher_42 wrote:
more importantly, how do you disable this incredibly annoying light. whenever i see that frickin light come on, i swear it takes years off my life before i realise it's nothing important.
why the heck do you need to know that the washer bottle is empty? It's pretty easy to work out that it's m.t. - it dosent work :roll:

Cuz I can?

Was a fairly easy install, just a little messing around with air intake. Besides how many Futuras have low washer sesnor?

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
Only issue with it is that I gotta fix the data line from my trip computer. Everytime I pull the cluster out I have to f**k around getting this wire back in. Any ideas on how to keep it in permantly?
Maybe a cluster plug and a clock plug from the wreckers - chopped off with a bit of the loom - rob the pins needed from these plugs, along with the short wire length, and solder/splice into the wiring where needed, insert the pins into the applicable plugs. This is what I've done - you can plug/unplug the cluster or trip computer as per normal - your connections should be more reliable as well.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:10 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

i done this mod about a year ago but admittedly i chucked in the high series cluster. for memory once you get the sensors for the coolant and wash bottle, all ya have to do is hook em up to the right hand pin, check the mod docs for which pin #.
For the trip computer (pin 14) try and score a similar plug from a wrecker and put out the wire and insert that into pin 14 and on the other end which was cut add your own connector that you can connect and disconnect at your lesiure.
hey you would know how to get the trip computer to work on gas also would you........

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:27 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

ex-cabi wrote:
hey you would know how to get the trip computer to work on gas also would you........
I suppose the installation would need petrol & LPG to use the in dash fuel gauge for starters. Someone who knows/has a Tickford LPG installation and Trip computer may be best to answer this one ??

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:24 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

No I have wired it all in ocrrectly its jsut making the wire physically stay in there.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
ex-cabi wrote:
I suppose the installation would need petrol & LPG to use the in dash fuel gauge for starters. Someone who knows/has a Tickford LPG installation and Trip computer may be best to answer this one ??

The EF/EL trip computer won't work if its factory LPG (tickford) when running on Gas, its ok on fuel. The reason is the petrol ECU cuts of the injectors thus the ECU can't calculate the fuel used. Non factory installs cut the injector power via a relay but the ecu still thinks it is firing them.
The only workaround is to ditch the Tickford Petrol/LPG ECU and revert to a standard one and install a relay in the injector power line, the problem with this is you loose the benifits of the taylored petrol/LPG ECU when on LPG but gain the trip meter fuel modes back. Hope this helps.
Sorry about the of topic reply.

Cheers
TW.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

yeah its the factory vigalli tickford system...Any ideas who

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:52 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Im sure if a Fairmont came stock on gas, surely there trip computer could calculate it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2