mental wiper problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: mental wiper problem
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Have a problem with the wipers on my EL monty ghia, the other day which was hot i started my car with the A/C on and after about 1 min the wipers turned on by them selves (with stork off) the car was only sitting idle. Now i have cancelled out the stork switch and the motor along with the homing postion module on the motor. Im thinking it may have something to do with the BCM or a relay sticking (that i cannot find) Now the 15A fuse will blow if the stork is set to either off or intermitent but not if on normal of high speed. I put an amp guage over the fuse and reads high amps(up to 20A) when the motor reaches home position and the carries on turning. any help would be great as i dont want to buy a BCM if its not the problem. All feedback will be very helpful thanks.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Anyways called up Darren at FTG auto salvage and he has kindly offered me to try a BCM. Will let you know if it works to save others headaches.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok went to FTG salvage and darren helped me lots, didnt end up being the BCM. So went home and traced back the loom from the wiper motor through the fire wall into the under dash. I found for some reason the slider part on the door had somehow pinched the loom causing a short. Its all fixed now and many thanks to Darren at FTG auto savage for his help.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]