Fordmods Logo

Mirror Dip during Reverse 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

hi mate

my auntys BA Fairlane G220 has this, when u put the shifter into R, the mirror dips down

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

They're part of fairmonts and ghias too :).

It would be the same module they resets the mirrors to driving position when the cars started too I guess.

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

well its only part of the fairlane ghia, the normal fairlane dosnt have this, weve previously owned a ba and bf fairlane, it doesnt have this feature

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Memory Seats were dropped in the SY Territory for awhile too. It wouldn't suprise me if some of this stuff was dropped on the Fairlane at about the same time.

But yeah, when I first looked, the Memory Mirror option was listed on Fairmont Ghia and Up. The 6 and 8 Way seats were on the Fairmont Ghia and Fairlanes, and the 10 Way driver seats with 6 way passenger seats were on the LTD.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ahh bugger.

I had a good swipe at this auction but just missed out. I notice Nicko was in there bidding for a bit too....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=006

Would have been a challenge getting them in - since both the LH and RH main harnesses needed to be changed (and the RCM module and sensors changed to support the seat airbags) - but I would have got there in the long run and put it up here.

Pity.

However, on the up side, I think I've got access to the mirrors, module and harness finally.

Watch this space.....

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep, found some mirrors - damaged, but the internals are good which is what I'm after.

Time to start experimenting.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
I dont like the mirror dipping at all. When reversing im always looking out the rear window, plus my mirrors dont reset when in drive mode either. Any idea why there is a button for it on the drivers seat when it automatically comes on when in reverse?

Sorry mate, I missed the question part of this message when you first posted it ages ago.

As I understand it, the buttons on the seat are just the memory locations. There are normally 3. WIth the Mirror, that makes a 4th. When you press the button, it 'sets' for that location. So if you press 1, all devices go to person 1 location. This should match with keyfob 1 as well. From this point, if you adjust pedals, seat or mirror, it will remember those locations the next time you select position 1 or keyfob 1.

So for the mirror button, when in that mode, it will remember where you want the mirrors to point when you either press the mirror button next, or select reverse.

So if you have the mirror dip on reverse, just use that technique to set the Mirror Position to normal when in reverse, and they won't dip any more.....

Lukeyson

Last edited by Lukeyson on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:24 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Ah ok, just thought like the pedals they would've automatically been saved with the seats memory. Gotta love the memory function :D.

Have you got yours working now? :)

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have the bits. Spending some time carefully disassembling the units with broken casing. Looks like a lot of plastic-welding is used to put these things together. Just experimenting with different techniques.

There's an extra module in the door - not in a hard plastic case, but sandwiched between two pieces of sticky foam. It has the word 'Grizzley' on it, which I take to mean it was developed for the AU2.

The little box in the mirror that normally just has the 2 x Motors in it also has an extra circuit board. So there's quite a bit of smarts in the mirror as well.

I'll get a chance in the coming weeks to take some snapshots and put them up, and report on my progress and findings.

Lukeyson

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Some pictures of the Mirror Modules in a Memory Mirror setup...

Lukeyson

Attachments:
File comment: 'Grizzly' Memory Mirror Controller - showing normal Mirror Switch connected.
IMG_2502_WEB.jpg
IMG_2502_WEB.jpg [ 34.94 KiB | Viewed 225 times ]
File comment: Mirror Controller Module board
IMG_2503_WEB.jpg
IMG_2503_WEB.jpg [ 38.54 KiB | Viewed 193 times ]
File comment: Std vs Memory Mirror driver
IMG_2509_WEB.jpg
IMG_2509_WEB.jpg [ 31.28 KiB | Viewed 215 times ]
File comment: Controller inside the Mirror.
IMG_2511_WEB.jpg
IMG_2511_WEB.jpg [ 38.44 KiB | Viewed 177 times ]

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The L and R controllers are identical. They are the same unit just rotated 90 degrees.

I've managed to retrofit the LH controller into a healthy mirror casing, but have had to buy a healthy RH casing to continue any further. Just waiting for that to turn up.

Lukeyson

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: BFII Fairmont Ghia, Silver

VIC, Australia

There are two functionalities with this topic. This is what my 2006-build BF Fairmont Ghia has or does:
There is electric adjustment for the driver's seat, driving pedals and side mirrors. These settings can be stored in a memory system -- three memory buttons on the side of the driver's seat, and on however many remote keypads you may have with the car. (Up to eight remotes will work, I think an above post mentioned.) My car has two remotes so in theory I can have five different seat, pedal and mirror settings for different drivers' comfort.
There is another function. IF ENABLED by the 'mirror' button, also on the side of the drivers's seat, I can have the passenger-side mirror dip after the car is put in Reverse. This helps when backing near gutters or street poles etc. After the car is out of Reverse, the passenger mirror goes back to its previous, normal position. It takes a couple of seconds for it to go down or back up again. Very handy though! The glovebox handbook tells you how to enable this feature or disable it, and how to adjust the passenger mirror for reversing your car.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep, that just about sums it up. Except I'm pretty sure that while you can program up to 8 remotes to unlock the car, only the first 2 will be used for the 1 and 2 memory.

Essentially, it's 4 memory positions. 1 and 2 also work with the keyfobs. 3 is the button on it's own (I set that to the 'fat mans egress' position). 4 is the Mirror and is triggered either by the seat button or when you're in reverse.

Things are falling into place right now Re: memory seats. And my replacement RH Mirror shell hasn't arrived yet either. But hoopefully I should have something to report in the next few weeks.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The bulk of this project will now be continued in http://www.fordmods.com/forums/ba-to-bf ... 63214.html.

If I find anything that allows for Mirror Dip during Reverse that does not require the Memory Module then I will post those findings here.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I scratched some of the guff off the chips and found the following details:

In the Mirror itself, there are two main chips:

(1) TLE 4208 G - this is a Quad Half-Bridge Driver, good from powering up to 3 x 12V DC Motors. The muscle.

(2) STi ST62T60C - so a programmable MCU with multi Digital and Analog I/O ports. Nothing specific for us.

In the Mirror Modulator Controller (in the door), there is one main chip:

(1) STi ST62T10C - another programmable ECU.

The chip in the Mirror is more capable than the chip in the Modulator Controller - including an onboard eeprom and serial interface. So the memory is in the Mirror and not the Modulator. The Modulator must just convert the standard mirror control switch into digital signals for the mirrors to listen to.

However, not only is the Modulator Controller missing any eeprom, it also doesn't have a Serial interface either.

So that's got me confused. How the heck do the Modulator / Mirror / Memory Module components actually talk to one another all on a single wire if not all of them have serial capability?

Lukeyson

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2