Fordmods Logo

My Interior - Soon to change... 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Well - I was actually going to change the gold parts to pearl white, but after reading the good comments on here - I'm not so sure... On the fascia I was thinking pearl white with metallic black stripes down the middle running through the drink holder compartment to the rear air vents in the centre console just to keep it colour coded to the exterior...
Suggestions are most welcome!! :?

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

mate i reckon leave it as it is now

the way that paint job looks to be finished off looks terrific, good colour.....not too much of it, fantastic

btw, whats the switch for on the right side of the steering column....nos? ...lol

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

NOS - Oh how I wish!! :D Need some serious under the hood go faster bits for that - then of course all the internals would need upgrading, then I would need to try and retreive my nuts from the missus after she cuts them off :shock: for spending that much on the car instead of on the house renovations... :roll:
Nah its the on / off switch for the quick shift kit - makes people think though :twisted: ...

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Bits of white in Ford interiors, so far imo, have looke bad. So please don't do that.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

crikey not such a simple job eh. dunno if i can be assed. havent even put in my front speakers yet always too hungover on weekends.

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Futura

QLD, Australia

hey mate, is the piece of plastic around the speedo and tacho that you have painted gold hard to do? i was going to get an xr dash, but if thats not too hard i might give it a go. I have a silver cd player facia, dash spears, door handle inserts and air con vents, and i believe that the dash would finish the job

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Looks like you put a bit of effort into all the painting but why the hell have you butchered it by screwing THIS panel on with bloody self tappers... :(

ImageImage

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

nice work very different..
i bet heaps of people start doin this soon...

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hmm, I wouldnt mind giving this a go. did you just use spray paint and any special type of paint? Yours looks awesome and until now, never realised how boring the stock colour is.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

QUOTE: crikey not such a simple job eh. dunno if i can be assed. havent even put in my front speakers yet always too hungover on weekends.

Yeah I did mine in stages over a couple of weekends... So the missus was real impressed with that, especially with my car out of commission she was stuck driving her cr*ppy camry around...hehehe...

Its not a hard job, especially the smaller peices, the fascia was the hardest, and only because of having to pull every thing off the back of it before painting... Surprisingly the easiest was the dial surrounds, that truly was easy as!! Still keen on changing the colours though - so may have a crack at that in the next few weeks... I bought a week away to vanuatu for myself and the missus for her x-mass present, so that should keep her quieter about me working on the car again.... :twisted:

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

Looks good man. The stocko grey interiors are a bit "fleet vehicle-ish". I like the gold too. What colour is the car?

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Ok - see if I can answer all the questions...

Easiest first - the colour of my car is white with black decals.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/ ... Point2.jpg

Self tappers are in because this is the remedy after asking someone else to help you remove bits cause you're starting to run out of daylight and you want it done so you can go cruising that night - my brother wrenched it out not bothering to ease the clip out, I will be getting a new piece soon to replace though...

Paint is metallic gold (VHT) and used the VHT plastic primer. Just made sure the surfaces were cleaned properly, primed, then 3 thin coates of gold letting it dry for 20 mins in between each coat and then 3 coates of clear gloss (VHT) and letting them dry for 20 mins each - in theory if you had all the pieces out in one hit, and did them all in one hit, should only take you 4 - 6 hours all up, of course thats in theory...

The speedo fascia is pretty easy really, I think its basically 3 screws in the top and the rest clips in (I think, been a while since I did it) then you basically pull the black top piece off, take the glass/perspex out, and the fascia should come out without too much fuss... Would actually love to redo the actual speedo and rpm pieces on photo shop but couldn't be f$$ked pulling it apart just to get a template...

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

i got a mate of mine lined up to do mine...

I'm getting Midnight blue with a silver pearl... hopefully it should look sweet... and going to put on 3 coats of Clear coat to seal it all in from wear and tear

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Blue with silver pearl sounds schmick as!! you'll have to post when completed!! I was thinking originally (hence the title changing soon) of changing the gold sections to white pearl and then have 2 black metallic strips running from the Pod guage panel through the fascia and cup holder section to the rear air vents, but after such a good reception on here, might leave it the way it is - especially since the whole black/white theme inside the cabin on white cars seems to be getting all too common...

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Why, would you let your brother of all people remove car trim? lol. It's delicate stuff, I wouldn't let my brother touch it.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next