Fordmods Logo

My Interior - Soon to change... 

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: My Interior - Soon to change...
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:43 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

I've noticed not too many have added BA interiors in here - I had a crack at mine a while ago - and before I get ridiculed on the colour scheme, its changing soon - only reason I went the colour I did cause I was going to do full body respray in black metallic - but have opted against hence why I will be changing... It wasn't too hard of a job, the worst was pulling all the circuits and bits and peices out of the centre fascia, other than that just a few wind gusts that gave a sand paper look to the paint, and I had to strip back and restart... And I have since removed the Ricey sticker from above the glove box my brother put on... :roll:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/ ... 0_4800.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/ ... 0_4799.jpg

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2005 BF XR6

NSW, Australia

I actually don't mind the gold.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The first pic made the gold look awkward...though after looking at the second pic it went pretty well.

good on you =D

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

looks good, god i have to meet up with all you rocky members one weekend lol

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Yeah that doesnt look half bad. What colour is the exterior?

Myspace - www.myspace.com/theboss_290gt

MSN - theboss_290gt@hotmail.com

- Add me

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ba falcon

WA, Australia

color is ok. now tell me how u got the faccia off!? i hate the blue clear bits and i wanna paint them perhaps.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Like silver altho gold i reckon looks awesome in a black interior....dont make it too bling bling tho :P nice brushed gold looks comes up swell and looks mint.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

AWC I think do full replacement pannels in different colours too now.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the great comments guys!! Better received than what I thought it would be... I'll try and get all your questions answered:

1) Exterior colour is current white with black decals, for rocky/yeppoon members you'll know it by the XRATED vinyls on her on the boot and front quarters or the "HRN13" FPV P-Plates - looking to go white pearl instead - hence colour change on the interior...
2) fascia is a bit fiddly to get out - i'll see if I can remember, you'll need a flat head, phillips head and a small socket set - 1st and foremost undo the negative terminal on the battery - take the top panel off with the flathead which is where the guage pod is on XR/FPV models, be careful you don't break the clip inside - then the plastic panel around the gear selector again with the flat head - the drink holder - and then the plastic inserts that follow the lines of the gear selector and run next to the fascia, there are phillips head screws near the gear selector to remove these - unplug all plugs from under the icc - once you have all of that done you will see some hex screws holding the fascia down, 5 if memory serves, 1 at the top where the pod guage panel is and 2 down each side, you'll need a socket screw driver with a 10mm socket if memory serves - undo these and then its a matter of levering the fascia out - thats the worst of it - then all you have to do is undo everything from the back of the fascia, circuit boards, air vents and the icc... just make sure you're careful with the circuit boards and make sure you put everything somewher you can find it and in a logical sequence for re-assembly - I took it inside and worked on it on the pool table so as not to lose or scratch anything...
3) as far as meeting up in rocky - i was looking to start a car club up here cause the closest decent one is curtis coast cruisers or the xr6/xr8 club, but for those of us that don't have an xr6 or xr8 and don't live or wanna travel all the way to gladstone, its slim pickings... by all means though, PM me when you're headin in and possibly get some other members from CQ to meet up...

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Looks good, keep it up.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ok, that looks good, but are you saying that you put a BA interior into an E series car, or just redid the BA interior in a BA. Either way i like it a lot, but if you actually put a BA in an E series, then we need to talk.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Quote:Ok, that looks good, but are you saying that you put a BA interior into an E series car, or just redid the BA interior in a BA. Either way i like it a lot, but if you actually put a BA in an E series, then we need to talk.
Brett

Hey Brett - Thanks for the great comments... Mate I just redid the interior in my BA - but my brother has an EF and a dash and centre console from a BA ready to be modified to fit his EF - We'll be working on it progressively (taking pics and documenting everything along the way), but at the moment it looks like it will be an absolute bee-atch of a job to do... He's keeping all the mechanical side EF but will be changing it to a sequential shifter - read somewhere on here where someone else had done it on an EB and that is what has sparked the imagination and he now wants to fit the entire dash and console in... I can see the centre console going in ok, as its just small-ish adjustments of mounting points or making new ones from the plastics to the floor - but the dash will need cutting me thinks... Hopefully if it doesn't cause us to much trauma, stress or dramas we may be able to start doing it for anyone else whos interested - the first one is always the hardest!! One way or another - I think my missus will hit the roof with car parts all over the place and me spending nights and weekends on the cars, AGAIN... :roll:

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:53 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Hmmm, i'm liking the gold. The plan is to do everything else black, right?

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: eb falcon

WA, Australia

that looks s**t hot mate

own a falcon?
live in perth?

www.perthfalcons.com

Sort by