Fordmods Logo

My New 2nd hand EB Station Waggon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: My New 2nd hand EB Station Waggon
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB Station Waggon

NSW, Australia

I have become a owner of a EB Station waggon, that is Dual Fuel, but alas the Petrol pump is not there yet, thats coming, so I am running on GAS, all to me, but as Work has me in Gas Cars from time to time where I just fill up the tank and go to the Office to sign and then drive away

The Work cars on gas all the time stop dead when FULL, but not with my car, been told the tank is only 3/4's full anyway, I have fulled it a few time only to see the LAST little bit DRIBBLE in and now wonder why this ias happening

Got my eye on a Computer for the Dash that will look after my GAS economy and has a Clock as well

There is another Place alongside the Tailgate button on the rightside of the Steering Wheel, wonder what might go in here

TA

Post subject: Re: My New 2nd hand EB Station Waggon
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi and Welcome to Fordmods.

kiwi42 wrote:
The Work cars on gas all the time stop dead when FULL, but not with my car, been told the tank is only 3/4's full anyway, I have fulled it a few time only to see the LAST little bit DRIBBLE in and now wonder why this ias happening

Hi. If your wagon has the Scuba type LPG tank in the spare wheel well like mine does, then that is normal. My tank takes forever to fill up, and sometimes is clicks decisively, and other times it just sort of dribbles on for a bit. I wouldn't worry about it.

kiwi42 wrote:
Got my eye on a Computer for the Dash that will look after my GAS economy and has a Clock as well

If you are referring to the factory EB Trip Computer that goes in the dash, then don't bother. It is not capable of returning accurate fuel usage and economy, and distance to empty when running on LPG, due to the way it functions.

kiwi42 wrote:
There is another Place alongside the Tailgate button on the rightside of the Steering Wheel, wonder what might go in here

That should be where the button for the remote fuel flap release goes. You may find the wiring is actually behind there. And if you look around in the back the plug for the release solenoid could also be under the carpet too.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Post subject: Re: My New 2nd hand ED Station Waggon - not eb, nearly same
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB Station Waggon

NSW, Australia

Benj

HI and thanks for your reply

you have covered everything, Thanks.

MY Tank is about 300mm round x 900mm long, and the Petrol Tank is missing 1/2 :) to make room for the Gas Tank

Not happy of the Computer, :( however will look into things further as with the Fuel Door release

bfn kiwi42

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]