Fordmods Logo

Narva LED globes in holder thingos 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

So if i go and get some of these LED's from Repco they will slot straight into my existing dash globe holders. Then i get blue paper for my clock and slot in in place of orange filter.
Then i have a blue dash like the picture.
I am not very good at soldering so this sound like a great option. Is it this easy or am a reading it all wrong. how many globes do i need for the dash? EF xr6

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Quote:
So if i go and get some of these LED's from Repco they will slot straight into my existing dash globe holders. Then i get blue paper for my clock and slot in in place of orange filter.
Then i have a blue dash like the picture.
I am not very good at soldering so this sound like a great option. Is it this easy or am a reading it all wrong. how many globes do i need for the dash? EF xr6

Ok I think XR6 cluster is the same as my Futura and mates GLi dash. In that case you need 6. Two at the top, two on the sides and then two in the middle. Information Lights are down the bottom (Crusie COntrol, Demister, Economy Mode (Autos only) etc).

My Futura has blue backing lights and low coolant light, crusie control and eoconmy mode lights are red, all using LED globes. Will post a photo in gallery later.

As for the trip computer/clock LED globes wont work here as the filter paper, quite obviosuly, blocks the incoming light. What you need to do is remove your TC (Trip Computer). (Once again I assume its the same as my EF Fairmont TC) On the back there is 5 (?) clips, just use a flat headed screwdriver to pry it off. Then there is 4 screws on the electronic board. Use a T10 screwdriver to remove these. From here its just a case of disassembling the trip computer and remembering how it goes together. There will be an orange piece of paper, this is the filter. Simply trace this onto another substance and replace it and put it back together. Plug it back in, and hey presto, a blue trip computer or whatever colour you wish.

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

i can get a pretty good supply of narva lights, very very cheap... i'll have exact prices tommorow...

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

distortion wrote:
i can get a pretty good supply of narva lights, very very cheap... i'll have exact prices tommorow...

that would be sweet, thanks dude

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2