new interior? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: new interior?
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR8 Ute

WA, Australia

I was just thinking to myself and i dont know if it'll work or not.

could i put a ba maunal gear boot and gear knob in my ute instead of my old crappy one.

also what about a ba steering wheel? would that work or not becasue my xh steering wheel doesnt have air bags but the ba does..

also.. what would i have to do about ripping out my seats and putting a different ford models leather seats in? :| if that would even work....

also what about a new centre consel... i ripped out my old xh one becasue it was f**k and put a xf one in there but i hate it (nothing to lean on).

any ideas on this would be awesome.

Cheers :D

XR8 UTE: Low && Loud

Holdens were never designed to turn, brake or accelerate... as long as you can slam in subwoofers and dump it on rims 60% of australias 17-25 yo population are happy

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont EF

VIC, Australia

gday mate,

Youd be pushin with the ba interior... Unfortunately the fitting for the ba steering wheel is different to that of urs...

Ur best best would be to look after market for interior. Get some custom bucket seats that suit the interior. For example, my interior is a sort of grey, so im looking at some nice fabricated bucket seats. Steering wheel wise, maybe dont look at the ba, but look at something like an el ute steering wheel, something like that would most likely fit your car.

Otherwise again, ull have to look at after market steering wheels. Think outside the box dude, customization should be about originality, keep that in mind, ur not limited in the sense. Keep looking around though.

Cheers bud

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

I think I read somewhere that the AU centre consoles fit but the EF/EL and BA etc dont.

The shifter and gearknob should be a snap if its a manual, basically just switch them over and use the AU boot, in any case if its a modification for the XG/XH its probably already been done in the X-Series Forums

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Anything can be done. at last years sydney all ford day there was a XE wagon that had a full BA dash colom and seats, also had a the 290 engine and all the rest looked sweet.

BANNED

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sweet, i' love to be able to crusie round in my xh with full ba interior., but i dont think ill go full interior.

made ill just go to a wreckers and see if i can get some au seats, that;d be nice :D

Holdens were never designed to turn, brake or accelerate... as long as you can slam in subwoofers and dump it on rims 60% of australias 17-25 yo population are happy

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i just read something about a guy changing his xf ute interior to an ghia interior.

would i be able to do this with my ute? like using either ef or el ghia interior? just changing seats and s**t over?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Should be able to. Since a ute has no abck seat then SWB or LWB donor car wont matter so it should be fine.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

so would i be able to do the dash as well?

my utes a maunal tho, so would i have to do abit of cutting to fit the boot in instead of having an auto bit..

also how hard is it to change the dash over? if i can get ahold of a donor car

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]