Fordmods Logo

NF Fairlane With AU steering Wheel Switchs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Fairlane With AU steering Wheel Switchs
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Gday m8's just pondering the idea of putting AU steering wheel switchs on my NF and have them functioning so i can control the audio volume from the steering wheel a handy feature i believe i currently have stock NF head unit but will be upgrading to premium unit soon and also wanted to upgrade to a steering wheel as such

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-TICKFORD-EL ... ccessories

would i need a new air bag ?
and is this possible ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: NF Fairlane With AU steering Wheel Switchs
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
Gday m8's just pondering the idea of putting AU steering wheel switchs on my NF and have them functioning so i can control the audio volume from the steering wheel a handy feature i believe i currently have stock NF head unit but will be upgrading to premium unit soon and also wanted to upgrade to a steering wheel as such

and is this possible ?

Putting it simply. Yes the AU gear can be fitted. Yes, you need a new airbag and No the audio conrols will not work with a standard NF (or even premo sound) head unit

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

and is this possible ?

Putting it simply. Yes the AU gear can be fitted. Yes, you need a new airbag and No the audio conrols will not work with a standard NF (or even premo sound) head unit

im 99.995% sure that you wont need a new airbag (can use existing)

you could get the controls to work with a aftermarket headunit, but not a standard one...

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

ok kwl thanks for your replys i wont be putting the AU switchs in then just thought if i could get volume control would be good but will be putting in a woodgrain steering wheel eventually if anyone here is selling one let me know :-)

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
a_total_tool wrote:

im 99.995% sure that you wont need a new airbag (can use existing)

you could get the controls to work with a aftermarket headunit, but not a standard one...

Wrong. New Airbag is needed. To use the EF/EL airbag, you need to cut and shut the plugs. This would alter the resistance of the circuits, which could potentially throw up air bag faults.

Besides, the AU bag looks better than the EF/EL one anyway 8-)

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]