Fordmods Logo

NF Fairlane Worries - Wipers and Sunroof 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Fairlane Worries - Wipers and Sunroof
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Two problems. First is wiper intermittent control. The intermittent part works but not the variable timer part. It is only working on the longest delay and moving the knob makes no difference to the wiper time. Would it be the relay or is there a separate timer control and where is it located. I can hear the relay click when the wipers move and sounds to be behind the dash facia near the climate controls. Second problem is the factory sunroof. It was not working when I purchased the car and keeps blowing the fuse as soon as the key gets to accy. I removed the switch from the roof lining and then removed the switch from the switch block. The cover came off the switch block and all the wires fell out and I don't know the positions they came from. The switch is numbered 1 to 5 and the switch block also has numbered positions for the wires. There are 5 wires. 2 black wires, 1 red, 1 white and 1 blue wire. I need to know where they go thanks. Also there is only power to the white wire. Is that correct.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

the variable wiper problem might just be dirty contacts in the stalk switch .. happened to me - take it apart and give em a rub with some fine sand paper.

As for the sunroof - ring a store which installs and services the Hollandia range - they should be able to help/fax you a wiring diagram!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Does the steering wheel need to come off to access the stalk contacts

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

nope, can do all while fitted!! :)

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]