Fordmods Logo

No heat from heater EL Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: No heat from heater EL Ghia
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

I am not getting any heat from my EL Fairmont Ghia. Read topic from last week and got some good ideas for checking. Found my Climate Control has E2 error which is Blend Door Failure. The temp doesn't change from 16-32 degrees and heater tap is free. Always blows cold air. Is the blend door motor likely to be the only problem? I don't feel like pulling the dash and spending $200 on a new motor to find it doesn't fix problem!

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

If that is the only error that the control unit is displaying then that is likely the only prob. The symptoms definately indicate a blend door motor.

If you take the dash out and replace the blend door motor your self. go a bit further and take the whole airbox out and replace both the A/C condenser and the heater core.

Will save you headaches down the track and the EL's are probably getting to "that age"!!!!!

Good luck. Big job, but to pay anyone to do it will cost you 1200+.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

With the E2 error the blend door is the most likely cause of your problem, however the heater core may also be blocked, this is also very common. So if you don't change the heater core at least give it a good reverse flush.

If while you have the dash out, if you do intent to replace the AC, you need to get an AC Evaporator! Not Condensor, the Condensor is in front of the radiator.
Sorry Philaddis I thought I better make sure he orders the right part. He'd have fun trying to fit a Condensor under the dash

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Cheers Guys. Looks like I am up for a Blend Door Motor... $198 for Covs, not as bad as I thought. Tried a coolant flush, no go.
Job for the weekend!

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

i also have an el ghia that had problems with the blend door servo, the motor it self was ok but showed up E2, i ran the reset a few times and the door came unstuck and has been fine ever since (last winter) try that before ripping the dash apart...

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Thanks for that. Anything is worth a try so I'll give it a go!

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

madmax wrote:
With the E2 error the blend door is the most likely cause of your problem, however the heater core may also be blocked, this is also very common. So if you don't change the heater core at least give it a good reverse flush.

If while you have the dash out, if you do intent to replace the AC, you need to get an AC Evaporator! Not Condensor, the Condensor is in front of the radiator.
Sorry Philaddis I thought I better make sure he orders the right part. He'd have fun trying to fit a Condensor under the dash

Yeah sorry about that......ummmm yep, replace the evaporator!!! Not the condensor!! Hehehehehehe laughed the town blonde!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:29 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Just wondering if anyone has a picture of a blend door servo....Can anyone also suggest a good wrecker who has it? Any ideas how much for new and used/from wrecker? Thanks. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

You can find a picture of the blend door servo in the Climate Control modification section. I bought my motor from Coventrys for $198 or you can pay Ford $240 for the same thing. Wreckers quoted between $65- $80... For all the hassle fitting I would only go for a new one. It is obviously something that breaks often so how long would a SH one last?

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Fairmont

NSW, Australia

rusmeck wrote:
You can find a picture of the blend door servo in the Climate Control modification section. I bought my motor from Coventrys for $198 or you can pay Ford $240 for the same thing. Wreckers quoted between $65- $80... For all the hassle fitting I would only go for a new one. It is obviously something that breaks often so how long would a SH one last?

Thanks for the info and advise mate! :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]