Fordmods Logo

NO tacho,speed,fuel,watertemp cluster reading (EF) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: NO tacho,speed,fuel,watertemp cluster reading (EF)
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

hey guys,

for some reason, after plugging back both the LHS and RHS cluster connetors to the instrument cluster none of the needles on it work.

when u drive the car, the tacho, water temp, fuel and speed needles all remain idle despite going at speeds over 40kms.

however, the LCD screen illuminates, but there is a blank odometer reading displaying

Also, the airbag, park brake, oil symbol and batery symbol on the cluster illuminates when u turn the key into ignition state.

I have repeatedly tried to unplug and plug back both LHS and RHS connectors to the cluster. BUT it still doesn't work. I also tried using another instrument cluster but the same thing happens.

is there some component failure?? What is responsible????

doing it in reverse with a fwd is like being fuked by a fat man and saying "well he has tits so i'm not gay"

Post subject: Re: NO tacho,speed,fuel,watertemp cluster reading (EF)
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

partie wrote:
hey guys,

for some reason, after plugging back both the LHS and RHS cluster connetors to the instrument cluster none of the needles on it work.

when u drive the car, the tacho, water temp, fuel and speed needles all remain idle despite going at speeds over 40kms.

however, the LCD screen illuminates, but there is a blank odometer reading displaying

Also, the airbag, park brake, oil symbol and batery symbol on the cluster illuminates when u turn the key into ignition state.

I have repeatedly tried to unplug and plug back both LHS and RHS connectors to the cluster. BUT it still doesn't work. I also tried using another instrument cluster but the same thing happens.

Partie

You should have the Battery disconnected before removing and replacing connectors on the cluster, they have active electronics in them and can possibly be destroyed if this precaution is not observed.

Cheers.
TW

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Post subject: Re: NO tacho,speed,fuel,watertemp cluster reading (EF)
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

partie wrote:
hey guys,

Partie
Could be a broken cable or a pin pushed out from the connector. A word of caution here, you should have the battery disconnected before removing and replacing connectors on the cluster, they have active electronics in them and can possibly be destroyed if this precaution is not observed.

Cheers.
TW

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1997 EL Fairmont,2008 FG G6E

VIC, Australia

Check your Inst Ignition fuse as well mine kept playing up like yours did found out it was the fuse.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

el_747 wrote:
Check your Inst Ignition fuse as well mine kept playing up like yours did found out it was the fuse.

I agree, check the fuses first.

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

thanx for all the help guys.

found out that indeed, one of the fuses were blown. i though it checked them all before i typed this post. But i must have rushed it and not seen the blown fuse.

in case anybody was curious, it was some fuse call 'instant battery' or something like that.

cheerss

doing it in reverse with a fwd is like being fuked by a fat man and saying "well he has tits so i'm not gay"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]