Fordmods Logo

non smartlock dash into a smartlock equipped ed??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: non smartlock dash into a smartlock equipped ed???
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

hi guys i have just bought a eb sports dash for my ed xr6 as mine stopped working.

the eb dash doesnt have smartlock. i am not worried about the smartlock light not being there- im just wondering if the dash will work properly.

also, the non smartlock dash is missing a plug with two wires going into it- i think they are for oil pressure??? what should i do about this? cheers

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

where the smartlock used to be you will notice the black board at the back covers that spot ( the PCB), what you have to do is remove the PCB by undoing all the screws and nuts and unplugging the two multi wire plugs, mark out where the smartlock plug goes and cut a similar shape use a drill and keep working it till you have the clearance, where you do this there is no circuit tracks running on the PCB, remove the PCB from you old stock cluster and then the smartlock light/socket arrangment comes out drop it into the new cluster and screw it all back together.

the only problem with doing this is that you prolly wont see the smartlock light flash because the lower part of the cluster with warning lights is blacked out over that section, you may get some light but I doubt it

EDIT.........

Just noticed your replacing an existing sports cluster so remove the clear front and the black bit behind it and swap the warning light panel over into you new cluster...Bobs you uncle and your back in business

hope this helps

Kev

Succesful trades with blur1, Felony, Jinxed, Dansedgli, Commando, Peyote, WAGHOON

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Doesnt hurt not having a smartlock light. Im running a Digital Dash from my old EB1 in my ED. no worries.

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

but dont you have to hook up the light to allow the smartlock circuit to continue? or is that just there for looks??

Kev

Succesful trades with blur1, Felony, Jinxed, Dansedgli, Commando, Peyote, WAGHOON

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:29 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Schmee wrote:
but dont you have to hook up the light to allow the smartlock circuit to continue? or is that just there for looks??

Kev

Nah just for looks. "look i have smartlock, flash, flash"

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]