Fordmods Logo

Nothing Lights up Need help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Nothing Lights up Need help
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: ED Futura Classic & EF Futura SW

VIC, Australia

I was f**k around in my car trying to stick a new head unit in and i was trying to find the active wire and was not sure if the Little electric light up pen that tell ya if the wire is live. ( dont know what i am talking about? nether do i) any was i stuck it in the ash try bulb holder and the pen light up for a split second then all the lights in the car flashed on and off. at the time i didnt think anything of it but when i went to go down the street non of the illumination lights would turn on when i turned on the head lights (Cluster illumination wont work but the Econ, (P), (!), Smart lock ect still work, Clim Control illumination lights wont turn on but the two buttons that allows ya to turn the AC and fresh or circulated air light up and the lights on the trip computer and lights on the auto trans wont turn on.) All the fuses seem to be fine and i have been looking but cant seem to find what is wrong.

Does any one know where is should look for some possible fault?

Cheers.

PS Please dont post something saying i am stupid for sticking the pen in the bulb holder, Trust me i already know i am an idot for it :D

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

When testing the blade fuses with a test light/pen be sure to probe both sides of the blade fuse..

A blade fuse breaks connection in the middle,and one side will still light up..I know this because I had a similar problem with a radio I put into my ED..

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

did you wire up the head unit to all the excisting wires from the old stereo plug? the only extra wire you need is one for constant power. Where did you source that power from? All id say you have done is shorted out the power to that globe which if it was bad enough should have blown the fuse... but, you may have done some damage to the central controller. but i doubt it.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]