power windows 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: power windows
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ea Fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

Hey the switches in the centre console of my ea mont have screwed themselves ... where would i get a new set of them? or is it cool to go to the local pick and steel and grab a set?. also the engine on the driver and pas. side are getting a bit old and slow, to say the least, sometimes the even need encouragement to come up. how much am i up for for then to be replaced? or can they get service/reconed?

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

go to wreckers, i got some sitting in my ED mont but they are on hold for a mate

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

if the switches are similar to EB which i think they are you can pull them apart and give the contacts a good clean. i have had problems with my centre consol window switches and it was fixed by cleaning. lots of little parts though... there are new ones on ebay but they are not cheap :( as for the windows being slow going up or down there is a good thread on here about fixing that but i cant find it again to send you to it. the short and long of it was pull the door card off and give the runners a good clean with degreaser and when they are dry coat them with nulon easy glide or i used CRC dry glide. worked a treat. i used to have to pull my drivers window up as the motor just couldent do it sometimes.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]