Fordmods Logo

premium sound for ba xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: premium sound for ba xr6
Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

TAS, Australia

hey fellas, bought a premium sound unit out of a 2003 fairmont ,does anyone know if it will go straight in to a 2003 xr6, it is a color screen with dual side air con.Hope i havent done my dough lol,any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

its not a direct swap - the airbox is slightly different... the him will need 2 b reprogrammed and the mirror on the passenger side is different plus different wiring loom which u may be able 2 modify... if your keen to do the mod/swap drop me an email or a pm and i'll see if i can help u...

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

Fitting the ICC is not difficult at all. It involves popping a couple of plastic panels on each side of the gear shifter, taking out the tissue box and aux power supply (ie the cig lighter) removing 5 screws, disconnecting 4 plugs and the antenna lead. You also need to take the PCM and sensor module off your existing unit and use these on the new one. This is a simple swap (6 screws).

To have the unit 'talk' to the car (ie to have the audio work), the ICC needs to be recoded to the ECU. Any Ford dealer can do this (and can only be done by Ford).

As for AC control, that's a different issue. The dual zone models have an extra module called an Electric Airmix. I'm not 100% sure but the BAs have a modular airbox to which bits can added. The Dual Zone system also has the following bits added to the vehicle.

1) Sunload Sensor (This sensor is connected the the Body Electronics module, and is used to determine how much sun is on the windscreen, as well as for turning on the Automatic Lights. All BA MkIIs have this as part of the auto lights on feature.

2) Ambient temperature sensor. This is part of the ICC. Basically its a sniffer motor that sucks in a little bit of the cabin air, to determine how hot or cold the cabin is. It's located on the Left of the screen, with 3 or 4 slits about 2cm long.

3) The Outside Air temp sensor. This is located inside the passenger mirror on Dual Zone models. I have been told that these are actually in all BA LH mirrors but haven't looked to confirm.

So In theory, if you had Automatic lights, and a ghia passenger mirror, and got your hands on a Dual Zone ICC (Fairmont or Ghia), and you fitted the Electric Airmix sensor then you would have full dual zone climate control, (As well as any other fairmonty bits from the ICC).

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Thanks for the info fellas,looks like im goin g to have some fun getting those exta bits together ,have tried to source them to no avail at the moment(bugger)why do things get so damn complicated lol .ah well ill just keep trying.

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

hehehe the exact reason why i didnt buy one, too much stuffing around :(

make sure to ask at ferntree gully auto salvage, one of our sponsors. im pretty sure they had a ba fairmont come in so you might be able to get some stuff off that

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

yep its all got too hard ,have given upand admitted defeat no one seems to know the whole story and was quoted 6oo bucks from ftg wreckers for the rest of the bits to do exchange ,more than its all worth ,will go for after market sound. even ford dealers know nothing about what parts i need and how much they would cost ,it seems every time i ask them a question they say they will try to find out but cant promise anything lol(they dont know much about there product aye)got my xr8 bonnet tho and looks great good luck to anyone else who delves into the twilight zone about exchange premo sound.

Attachments:
P1020167.JPG
P1020167.JPG [ 782.36 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

your best bet would be to buy an xr premium soudn system - that way it has colour screen but no climate control

Nicko

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

sell the icc you have and get onto AWC. AWC do conversion kits for a reasonable price.

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Thanks fellas ,how do i get in touch with awc?

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

awc or asl logistics in braeside in melbourne can help you!

Nicko

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Here's the web site

http://www.asllogistics.com/ford_upgrades.html

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: G6E Turbo

SA, Australia

Speak to Fadi at ASL - great guy - helped me put my premium system in my BA.

AG3NT - 2008 FG G6E Turbo / SS Growler Kit / 19 Inch Dark Argent Wheels / ASL RGB System / FPV Cluster / 60lb Injectors / F6 Piping & Intercooler / KPM 15PSI Tune
JON211 - 2006 BF Fairlane Ghia / SS Induction / 18 Inch FG G6ET Wheels / ASL RGB System / Twin Rear Headrest LCD DVD Players

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]