Fordmods Logo

Question on EB Ghia interior 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Question on EB Ghia interior
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:07 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 56

Posts: 76

Joined: 18th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

G'day guys and gals.

I have recently purchased a 1991 EB Fairmont Ghia. One of the reasons for purchase was the near perfect interior. I do have a question though that only a Ford nut could most likely answer. My car has leather and cloth seats with hollow head rests front and rear. I have noticed that other EB Ghias have solid head rests and only cloth seats which appear to be a different shape to mine. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks

 

_________________

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

which series eb do you have maw - lol. as I have seen a series 1 eb fairmont ghia with these seats in it.

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:30 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 56

Posts: 76

Joined: 18th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

Location: Townsville
QLD, Australia

It is a December 91 model which from memory should make it a series 1. Then again at my age my memory is fading.

:)

 

_________________

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1001

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

well thats probably the way they came from factory. does yours have unpolished/unpainted door handles?

 

_________________

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

samftr wrote:
well thats probably the way they came from factory. does yours have unpolished/unpainted door handles?


should have just asked him what interior colour hes got :roll:

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 686

Joined: 3rd Apr 2005

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: ed fairmont ghia, ed gli

Location: mildura
VIC, Australia

the interiors with either half or full leather had a leather head rest with a hole in the center (main reson i wanted leather interior :D hate the solid head rests)

 

_________________

I LOVE MY DOG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

sure the cars you looked at were ghia's? i've seen a few "ghia's" on carsales and EBAY that were actually plain fairmonts

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 387

Joined: 12th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2005 Hi-Ace

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

yeah alot of people with fairmonts like to think they are ghias cause they got the same electrics so they often slap a ghia badge on it and think there top s**t!

 

_________________

2005 Toyota Hi-Ace aka ICE CUBE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1008

Joined: 21st Dec 2004

Ride: ED V8

Location: driving under the sun........now!
WA, Australia

All EB and ED Fairmont Ghias had the Recaro type sports seats in the front with the option of leather trim on the bolsters with velour seat pads or full leather. The full leather ( I believe the full leather was only available in the EBII and ED) ones also have a vinyl (Leather look) door skin as opposed to the leather trim with cloth seats which will have a velour door trim.

The ghias also had wood grain whereas the base fairmont did not.

 

_________________

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:09 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

adrian` wrote:
the interiors with either half or full leather had a leather head rest with a hole in the center (main reson i wanted leather interior :D hate the solid head rests)

i'll bet at least one of your "donut" headrests is trimmed in vinyl!

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1043

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

I reckon the donuts ones are too damn big, they block half the rear window. Which is why im putting the smaller solid ones in mine, when I could be bothered getting it retrimmed to suit.

 

_________________

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:33 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

is this in your ED XR6??? if so..... wtf is with your XR6 having the donuts for the rear seat? i thought XR's only got them for the front..... or do you have an Ghia rear seat?

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

philaddis wrote:
All EB and ED Fairmont Ghias had the Recaro type sports seats in the front with the option of leather trim on the bolsters with velour seat pads or full leather. The full leather ( I believe the full leather was only available in the EBII and ED) ones also have a vinyl (Leather look) door skin as opposed to the leather trim with cloth seats which will have a velour door trim.

The ghias also had wood grain whereas the base fairmont did not.

( I believe the full leather was only available in the EBII and ED)
God thats a good line & I love my leather although I wish mine was as CLEAN AS ReGIE's

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1043

Joined: 7th Feb 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
is this in your ED XR6??? if so..... wtf is with your XR6 having the donuts for the rear seat? i thought XR's only got them for the front..... or do you have an Ghia rear seat?

I put in a high series seat backing and tried out the donut headrests and the view out the window is too restricted IMO. Plus I think it looks wierd from the outside too.
The Fairmont ones I have are a better size.

 

_________________

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1008

Joined: 21st Dec 2004

Ride: ED V8

Location: driving under the sun........now!
WA, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
philaddis wrote:
All EB and ED Fairmont Ghias had the Recaro type sports seats in the front with the option of leather trim on the bolsters with velour seat pads or full leather. The full leather ( I believe the full leather was only available in the EBII and ED) ones also have a vinyl (Leather look) door skin as opposed to the leather trim with cloth seats which will have a velour door trim.

The ghias also had wood grain whereas the base fairmont did not.

( I believe the full leather was only available in the EBII and ED)
God thats a good line & I love my leather although I wish mine was as CLEAN AS ReGIE's


Nothing wrong with your car Ben_Daui. If ever you want to sell, let me know.............

 

_________________

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:50 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names