Rear Footwell Light - BA XR6: Modification Complete 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear Footwell Light - BA XR6: Modification Complete
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Hi

As most of you know there is a small covered panel below the rear air vents. The cover can be removed with a little push however it is difficult to replace once removed so careful if you are doing this for curiosity only.

The fairmont ghia has a small light installed in this panel however the XR does not have the wiring in place (not sure about MKII). I removed the center console etc (see different thread for instructions) to gain a track from the panel to the front passenger footwell light. I piggybacked wires from the front passenger footwell lights through the center console to the open panel.

Ordered the lens assembly for the fairmont ghia rear footwell light ($11.20) only to find that it is only the lens - no light holder. Picked up a trailer light from the local K-Mart ($3.50) and modified the light holder to fit inside the panel (very easy) and attached lens - works great

Attachments:
File comment: Completed Modification
rearfootwell2.JPG
rearfootwell2.JPG [ 45.63 KiB | Viewed 253 times ]
File comment: Panel with Cover
rearfootwell1.JPG
rearfootwell1.JPG [ 47.2 KiB | Viewed 211 times ]

<b>XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech)</b>, Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Write up a doco and send it to Brad. BA will be very common second hand cars soon.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
Write up a doco and send it to Brad. BA will be very common second hand cars soon.

true... im thinkng of getting one in bout a years or so time

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:07 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

So it was just the single plastic lens? The EF-AU centre console courtesy lens cost $6.76, I wonder why the price has almost doubled. :evil:

Bayford also informed me that the globe holder was part of the main loom, and did I want to pay $400+ for that...

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

yeah i accidently pushed that panel in, on my dads xr6, and couldnt get the bugger to go back in. I may have to look into him getting that done.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

TwinturboBMX wrote:
yeah i accidently pushed that panel in, on my dads xr6, and couldnt get the bugger to go back in. I may have to look into him getting that done.

they are easy enough to put back in i reckon, the cover on my old mans xr6t fell through and i fished it out. Also you wouldn't be able to run it off the footwell lights unless you had premium sound.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

well you can pretty much tap anything that works with the doors open, dome light etc.... no need for premo sound.

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]