Fordmods Logo

Rear Footwell Lights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear Footwell Lights
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Just interested in finding out whether or not rear footwell lights were available in ea-ed. If they where, do you need to change the console or was the a socket or the like under the seats or somewhere near the tunnel to direct light in the footwells? I have installed front ones in original sockets and looks great, just need rear done. Any suggestions.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

yes they were, you have to replace the rear section of the console

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:12 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ok fair enough, was planning on just keeping the original povo console but just had a look in the car and no obvious places to put lights, but from some of the forums and the tech doco i've realised there is only 1 lamp in the centre. thinking of possibly gluing in 2 bulb holders under the seats so the light can be distributed under seat.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

you can still keep your provo console!! all you have to replace is the bit at the back where the vents are, this panel seperates from the main body of the console. It can be done!!! :D

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

oh ok i think i just realised what you mean. on the fairmonts and the like you can see a line where to pieces meet up about an inch or two from the rear vents. so that just comes off (easy i think it would unclip) and would you just remove old small vent and replace. if so, my wrecker just wrecked a fairmont ghia (160k leather interior and door trims, perfect nick only very minor cracks in leather sold within minutes :( maybe next time) so might take it off that.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

MyEDFalcon6 wrote:
oh ok i think i just realised what you mean. on the fairmonts and the like you can see a line where to pieces meet up about an inch or two from the rear vents. so that just comes off (easy i think it would unclip) and would you just remove old small vent and replace. if so, my wrecker just wrecked a fairmont ghia (160k leather interior and door trims, perfect nick only very minor cracks in leather sold within minutes :( maybe next time) so might take it off that.

yep your right. the rear section is held in by 3 screws at the top under the console lid. it would also be a good idea to grab the console wiring loom as well

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:41 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Alright thanks mate, on Monday will visit my wrecker friend (next door to my trucking depot, very handy :D ) and grab it asap coz stuff gets sold from there very quick.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]