Fordmods Logo

Rear Power windows conversion for a EF FUTURA wagon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear Power windows conversion for a EF FUTURA wagon
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

I have nearly completed the window conversion on the rear electric windows they work great, I found my local ford was happy to fit the rivet things for me but they then couldn’t find the tool and said it would be sent to them by Monday (I said not to worry)

Any way the reason I am making this post is because I have a Ford Falcon EF Futura Wagon and when I went to install the power windows wiring I was pleasantly surprised that there was a blue 6Pin connecter in the rear column so all I had to do was go to the wreckers and get a Fairmont wiring harness for the door and it worked perfectly. Also I bypassed the front console so I didn’t need to go out and get a Fairmont front window console at this stage.

The wiring it the Futura Wagon does work so in mine it was just plug and play.

Have fun.
Barry Squires

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Models with front PW's (Futuras/XR's) are very easy to add rear PW's as you've found.
Be careful how you setup your temp wiring for the rears, as the front 4 switch unit is plug and play as well, so you don't want to muck that up.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

i have just used a spade connector on the switch side of the connector so it is easily removed

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]