Fordmods Logo

seat belt stuck 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: seat belt stuck
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Folks

My back seat driver side seat belt is stuck all the way out.
I have tried to jiggle it back in and pull it in and out, but it turns out kids can destroy anything.
Does anyone know how to get to the belt winding assembly, i believe its down low and well covered by the side of the seat and panels.
Its in a EF sedan.

Thanks

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

okai to remove the seat belt. u gotta move the chair all the way forward and fold it forward too. anyways working through the back. there are no screws....u just need to open the front and rear doors and peel the vinyl protector things off. the plastic cover is held on by those funny plugs....so u should be able to remove it quiet easily. there is a screw behind the seatbelt just after the opening where the seat belt pops out and goes up but thats for the upper half and u don't need to remove that.

anyways once the bottom plastic bit is off u can start undoing the bolts using the torx key and also i think a 12mm socket.

to remove the adjustable seat belt pulley type thingy at the top: remove the plastic covering on the pulley (i say its a pulley because it acts like one)...do this by using a small flat head screwdriver and jamming it where there is a small opening on the bottom of it. pry it open...try not to snap it if u want to re-use it but since urs is stuffed just get a new one. Undo the torx bolt and now u can just remove it =D.

to put it back in or a new one do the top first and do the bottom. I found it was easier to do it that way for some reason.

anyways good luck...if u have anymore questions just pm =D

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli

SA, Australia

Hey mate my exact same one got stuck and i pulled off the plastic cover and it was twisted inside the runner. All i had to do was untwist it and let it go.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]