Fordmods Logo

Sports Seat Legal Side (last Post) ADR = no piggy trouble 

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Have confirmed NSW also have to comply with the VSB codes (Vehicle Standards Bulletin) ... so you can utilise what ive said above to help with your investigation :)

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:36 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
keithParker wrote:
i doubt you would get anyone to sign a letter like that. I cetainly wouldnt.....

well if they don't they are pretty much proving to me they are lieing through there teeth and that as soon IF i did do something like that and they said no i would return the seats get my dosh back and take the old 1 dollar pair i got of ebay to a upostlerer and get them looking like a set of really sporty seats...

That wasnt a set of seats, front and rear, for $1 buy it now by any chance was it?

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

keithParker wrote:
Froudey wrote:
keithParker wrote:
i doubt you would get anyone to sign a letter like that. I cetainly wouldnt.....

well if they don't they are pretty much proving to me they are lieing through there teeth and that as soon IF i did do something like that and they said no i would return the seats get my dosh back and take the old 1 dollar pair i got of ebay to a upostlerer and get them looking like a set of really sporty seats...

That wasnt a set of seats, front and rear, for $1 buy it now by any chance was it?

nah i won a pair of standard seats on ebay of an eb pov pack and it was in my local area

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
Froudey wrote:
yeah sorry mate i completly follow you now yeah the seat ain't an issue and i saw these plates that are adr approved (apparently) but they are any mad or design for the falcon or commodore etc etc but i saw them as i said all it is... is a plate of 1" and a bit flat bar with two threaded holes that bolt to the bottom of the seat and "you" need to drill two holes to correspong with ya rails... fyi these were for autotechnia ones.

so i will prolly leave the seats in the corner of the shed and wait til i go to newcastle next to get a cheap"er" priced mod plate... as bal dohnt is on holidays for 2 months and 70 and apparently charges alot (well more then normal)

but i have heard a story that it cost about 60 dollars for him to see it and about 800 for the plate or something.

$800 for a plate id say is a farce rumour ... would be no where near that at all....

Engineering prices will vary and can be greatly depending on the amount of work to be performed if the engineer is also performing the fabrication work, examining the installation and prepping the paperwork.....to have my whole car done over - s**t load of things requiring ADR paper work and i havent tocuhed my engine...was just under $800 and has taken me a few months to get everything organised....so for just seating and seat mounts to be inspected and mounting plates to be fabricated I would expect this to be under $500 all up...

Good to see your doing the right thing...proper process believe me bites a*** and costs decent ppl like you and myself who do the right thing thousands more than these bodgy dyi jobs like spring hackers trying to save a few dollars do who are the reasons why we have all this legal litagation etc....

The plate I believe just needs to be solid plate and round 3mm thick and secured with high tensile bolts and nyloc nuts - you need to confirm this with a local vehicle engineer....if you want dude I can refer you onto my engineer as he resides in queanbeyan...not too big a drive for you....hes approved my aftermarket seating which has had quite abit more involved...or at least discuss it with him over the phone to discuss your requirements for the plate and rough examination/certification costs.

The seats themselves (and most likely why they say they comply with the ADR's) is ADR 3 which relates to seating strength requirements....and ADR5 which relates to the manufacturing of additional seats....

There are also local codes you will need to comply with...NSW differs from WA and ACT.... in the ACT these seats need to comply with the VSB code....sections 5A or 5B...ADRs effected are ADR3 and 5....

Using the exisiting rails has saved you loads...the adaptor plates im sure will consisit of 75mmx75mm square plate - solid steel 3mm in thickness....this wouldnt cost much and any metal fabrication joint could make them for you....the nyloc nuts and high tensile bolts are available from most major hardware retailers such as bunnings and so on.

Bolts and nuts must meet the oem requirements used in the factory setups for mounting and anchorage points.

yeah i plan on using the factory bolts and spacer (unles i can't i will use the same satandard) yeah thanks for the info mate but i am no longer buying apadtor plates becuase none are made for the SaaS seats so me and my father are going to get about 1.5(ish) metres of 6 >10mm flat bar with basically two threaded holes the inner hole for the saas seat and the outer hole for oem rails...... the plates which autobarn sell here in dubbo are about 75x3 with about 3>5mm think ness and basc two flat bars.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
keithParker wrote:
Froudey wrote:
keithParker wrote:

nah i won a pair of standard seats on ebay of an eb pov pack and it was in my local area

Thats wierd. I soldaset of EB pov pack seats! for $1

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

What u plan to do Froudey is fine but id still be at least verbally confirming this with either a vehivle engineer - or technial head of an inspection station... before you go waste money or fit something that could be unreliable or unsafe...your talking about your driver and passenger seats so i know id want to know these are going to be safe

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
What u plan to do Froudey is fine but id still be at least verbally confirming this with either a vehivle engineer - or technial head of an inspection station... before you go waste money or fit something that could be unreliable or unsafe...your talking about your driver and passenger seats so i know id want to know these are going to be safe

Well i will be making a phoncall to bal dohnt the local engineer in dubbo and ask him about strenth etc etc and all that and dad and i will basically work every thing out and i will scan our plans and post it up in a couple of days what we are thinking are a stronger and thicker plate that autobanr sells and maybe i might weld some thin flat bar to help support the two main bars but any way i think it should strong and safe ( i wouldn't doing it dodgey as i love my wife and my life) so when everything is said and down these seats won't fail..

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

Well i will be making a phoncall to bal dohnt the local engineer in dubbo and ask him about strenth etc etc and all that and dad and i will basically work every thing out and i will scan our plans and post it up in a couple of days what we are thinking are a stronger and thicker plate that autobanr sells and maybe i might weld some thin flat bar to help support the two main bars but any way i think it should strong and safe ( i wouldn't doing it dodgey as i love my wife and my life) so when everything is said and down these seats won't fail..

ok well good stuff n good luck with it - as far as strength they just need to comply with ADR5 - Strength of seats and seat anchorages...

Any welds also get inspected if your going to have them...so make sure who ever does em is reputable o you know they do good work - should go for a class 3 welder

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Any news dude how you went with this?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3