TAKING DASH OUT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: TAKING DASH OUT
Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED FAIRMONT

VIC, Australia

hey all,
ok, just searched but didnt come up with much. im gonna be taking my dash out of my ed very soon. how long is the process? and is it hard? i know its a few screws here, a few screws there, but what really worrys me is the wiring. once i get all the wires off is it hard to work out where they go lol?

its the last part i need to paint, i could paint it in the car, but it would come up much better if i take it out

any tips on this process would be much appreciated

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

i've done the dash in my EF, wasnt that hard. took me under a day and that was being really slow and taking my time first time round. would easily be able to do it in an hour or two now.

i imagine that an ED dash would be similar to the EF. Pull the cowl panel out (between crash pad and windscreen). undo the 5 or 6 bolts under there. take the kick panels off and undo the bolts behind them. drop the steering column and undo the nuts which attach the steering column to the pedal box. i have a feeling that there is another bolts somewhere under the centre, near the radio, a couple of small screws or something.

be careful not to let the steering wheel drop too far as you can damage the bearing in the firewall. i've heard it is better to remove the column, i havent done this myself so i cant give you any tips.

a tip for the wiring, make sure that you use some masking tape or sticky notes or something to make up tags for each of the cables you unplug. just so there is no confusion when putting it all back together.

also, when you pull stuff apart, put bolts, screws etc into bank money bags or something similar with notes on where you got them from. i have pulled so many parts of my interior out and know it really well, but hose bags still come invaluable.

and then just get into it. you'll swear and curse, but it isnt really that bad. lol

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED FAIRMONT

VIC, Australia

thanks man thats a big help, im going to start doing it today. ill let you know how it goes. wish me luck

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

good luck. have fun mate

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Froudey wrote:
You Can Remove all the dash, a single bolt near the kick panels and in the middle remove the centre console and then two bolts there up top near and near the speaker bit on the top peice of the dash and there is hex screws and remove them and pull the top peice of and then there are an array of screws up to once un done there is the dash out....

but then comes undoing the plugs etc etc to get it out properly...

hope this helps champ

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]