Fordmods Logo

THAT power window problem... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: THAT power window problem...
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairlane NCII V8

QLD, Australia

Hi,

I have a 94 NCII fairlane, as does my dad, and we've both experienced this problem:

One day in a car park I parked on a slope, nothing too steep, Drives side to the low end. i just let go of my front passangers side door, i didnt push it, the door closed, and the window went "POP" and dropped down. The Little white bracket that holds the cable broke. We bodged it up to keep the window up, but it can only be wound down a inch. A couple of months ago, I was winding my window up... Only to hear the same thing happen. So we replaced it with an old NA unit, but its slow, making noises, and getting slower. A few weeks ago driving out to the shooting range, the same happened to my dads front passangers side window. That same little white bracket...... Everytime.

What causes it?? A common fault?? How Can we fix it?? Before the same thing happens to his drivers door.. Its Driving us mad... I just want to wind down my window for a bit of cross-ventillation THATS ALL!!! Its not much to ask. Is it?? IS IT??

Cheers,
Shannan,
Blue Beast II

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i thought NC fairlanes came with electric windows and not winders? but windows are a common problem on fords...they should really engineer knew ones.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6 Hybrid

ACT, Australia

I don't know what causes it but my first car an 95 EF Futura how f**k up power windows, really slow when winding up. And now.. My EL XR6 drivers side power window is going up very slowly -.-

Manual EL XR6, 2.5" Lukey Exhaust System, Pacemaker 4499 extractors, K-mack Adjustable camber kit, Pedders adjustable coilovers, K&N intake, 18" BSA291's, Full Alpine Tyre R entertainment system.
Formerly known as Liam~EF 95

Post subject: Re: THAT power window problem...
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

Blue Beast II wrote:
A common fault?? How Can we fix it??

yes, its a very common fault. unfortunately its another thing ford managed to screw up when engineering. you can fix it by replacing it with a new one! aftermarket ones are cheaper than genuine ones, and are no better or worse.

replace it and you should get a few good years use out of it.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

electric windows are trouble arent they. one of mine goes down but when u want it to go up it just makes horrible noises, and my drivers one slows down when it gets to about half way (up or down) for about 15 cm then speeds back up.

bloodey windows.

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:48 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

do they stay level when they are going up? or do they sort of tilt back to one side? if they start to tilt it means you've got a regulator on the way out...again.

yeah power windows suck, but honestly, i couldnt live without em!

have you tried some grpahite powder, could be a short term fix

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]