Tips needed BA XT stock 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Tips needed BA XT stock
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XT E-Gas

VIC, Australia

ok as i cant seam to get an answer on the engine mods ill move to the internals

im wondering if the BA futura(one with full lcd/sat nave not sure if its BA or BF)
dash will bolt straight in or if there is major wiring involved if so ill leave as is
upon leaving as is what other mods can be done to liven up the car a bit id rather not be cutting half my console out and remaking it as im not to handy in that way

was thinking of putting better speakers in the back parcel shelf but dont want to install a new head unit as i like the old one and im not after extream loud(everyone hearing my radio) but some better quality speakers requier an amp im wondering how to do this witout getting any interferance say from engin noise or anything like that
i dont belive there are any rca jacks in the back of the head units
i currently have a 2 channel amp (from an old EB (mates car that he wraped around poll) dont know the brad he says its alpine) will this do and what do i need to be able to make it run i read that lead in converter will do it (on the earlyer forums i think an AU thread)
i had a look at buying one today but the guys at auto barn said the head unit puts out more than 30w and that it wont do a good job without losing sound quality is this true if so are there any altrernatives insted of replacing the head unit(i know im weird but i like the BA dash)

other than that i have installed some footwell neons (green to mach car) i hid them up under the dash so they are not too brigh (i like to see the road at night) how3ever the only problem i have there is they plug into my power jack (ciggy holder) and having an adapter ther s**t me is there a way i can modify the ciggy holder to have anoter jack but out of site say behind the tissue box(seams to be plenty of room there

i must advise this is my first time with a car newer than 93 so i have no idea on what i am doing im just doing the things i can do easily as at the moment i havent got the garrage or carport to do it in

also would like to change the rear windows into power ones as the from 2 are already and i have some anoying mates who forget to shut the things...

any suggestions are appreciated i do appoligise for my lack of skill this is the first car i have actualy wanted to work on as it is all mine bought and payed for no reposessing going on yay

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet
Changed tail lights to clear black backed
Looking on more interior mods and performance boost (keeps the cops of me:P)

Post subject: Re: Tips needed BA XT stock
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon AUII

QLD, Australia

Sataniceaden wrote:
other than that i have installed some footwell neons (green to mach car) i hid them up under the dash so they are not too brigh (i like to see the road at night) how3ever the only problem i have there is they plug into my power jack (ciggy holder) and having an adapter ther s**t me is there a way i can modify the ciggy holder to have anoter jack but out of site say behind the tissue box(seams to be plenty of room there

Hey, just helped a mate do his neons, cut off those stupid plugs (don't cut the wire before the transformer) and throw out the adapter. Your better off wiring the neons directly to the wires joined to the back of the Cigarette plug with a switch. Or getting the power for the neons by cutting into the Courtesy lights which turn on when the door is ajar. Both ways aren't as straight forward as an adapter but will be a much neater job and will still allow use of your cigarette plug.

....what goes here?

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Nice thanks for the info the reason i kept the plug is because they have the switch on it however i went out a got a small on/of s**t just working out what one is positive and what is negative is stopping me at the moment from doing as you suggested i can do the wiring easily ill just run extra lenght so i have room to play with then once i have the correct wiring from the neons solder the wier togeteher then connect up my switch good though using Cigarette plug i was looking under dash for another spot but that would be best as they are hidden and cun run all the time

Got pulld up tonight for doing stupid stuff no fine just a warning and he didnt say anything about the neons so i guess they are not too bright yay for hiding under dash(i got out of car and had mate jump in)

All you can see from ouside the car even with door open is a sligh green tinge on his pants with door shut and peering like cops do you can see the ligh on the floor and his leg but its dull

**edit wacked in pic sorry im bad with a camera at good times i tend to shake alot**

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Question for all you lovely gurus

can i fit a premium system from a BA Fairmont Ghia center consol to my BA XT and will everything still work or will i need to rip everything out
(i manily want this unit for the screen upgrade insted of the 5in screen)

NVM ASL have a screen upgrade kit for $1200 fully installed and 170 for a video card that will alow me to connect up an incar pc

was wondering if anyone here knows a cheaper way of doing this or if this is a good price?

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

as long as your not changing to an ICC with Dual zone climate control its fairly straight foward. im sure lukeyson will be able to tell u a bit more about the ICC and wat parts from your current are needed in the new 1 to make the car function as it should. as hes had these things in a million peices :P

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

while were on the suject :P is it possible to go from the standard lcd to the colour lcd on a bf fairmont with dual zone already there ?

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
while were on the suject :P is it possible to go from the standard lcd to the colour lcd on a bf fairmont with dual zone already there ?

yes is it i am avtualy getting the screen upgrade im mine when i get the cash

http://www.asllogistics.com/

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

awsomeness. i felt a bit empty when i first seen the colour screen lol

why can't you buy a new amp with high level input?

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
why can't you buy a new amp with high level input?

well mainly my issue is the lead in convertor only holding 30 wat and my head unit puting out 50what
other than that im going to have a look around and see if i can something that will alow it

my main reason is i dont want to change the headunit

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i hear you i'm trying to achieve the same, but i bought an explode amp for my misus car running from the hi level input from the 50w head deck and goes fine. not a huge stereo install but it kills my stock bf 'presitge'

<curses ford for titeassing out with the subs>

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

how you get rca jacks on
hi lvl input same unit im looking at but i cannot find anything above 30wat and its not fun the las thing im looking at is a little unit my mate is trying to make a unit that take more than 60wat and will split into rca hoping he can work it out without me buying a hi low leadin

BA XT dedicated gas
No mods as of yet

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]