Fordmods Logo

Trailer Cable (just out of interest) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Trailer Cable (just out of interest)
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

:D Howdy,
i just replaced the trailer wiring in the ED Falcon recently heres how the wires Where 1 green left with one thin wire attached as well
2 Pink 12V
3 White Earth
4 Yellow Right with another thin wire attached as well
5 Black Service brakes i think
6 Red Stop
7 Brown Tail

originally there were 2 thin extra black wires were twiched to the green and yellow wires and the back blinker lights seem a little brighter since the renewal or the trailer cable i just put a 5 core in and left the original pink Pin 2 and black Pin 5 wires as they where

heres the new colours

1 Yellow Left
2 Pink 12V
3 Earth
4 Green Right
5 Service brakes I Think
6 Red Stop
7 Brown Tail

when i got home the cruise control neon worked again and it didnt used to(will the cruise control work better now i took the bulk of the old wire out)

and will touching the trailer wire mess up the flasher relay or not (just out of interest)

to connect the car end of the new trailer cable i left the pink Pin 2 and the black pin 5 wires whey they were and cut all the other wires off the nylon plug that just has the trailer cable attached to it leaving about 10 cm and joined the new cable to those wires and put connectors on the wires. when i tested the lights on my pops trailer at their house they seemed a bit brighter and i just got to hope the lights on my other grandfathers trailer work on the ED Falcon. those extra thin wires i told you about being twiched to the blinker wires i traced them they were spliced in the earth wire so the blinker active wires must have been touching the earth wire. i look foward to your reply.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]