Fordmods Logo

Trip computer install 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Trip computer install
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Sorry to be a pain cos i know this has been posted many a times over but how do you install one??

I got the cable for the clock all ready there just need to add the 3 wires for the trip comp. Using this guide http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=32

I understand how to plug it into the trip computer plug but where do i run the wires? I can't find the plug to run the data line into, and the one that looks most like the one on the pic all ready has a cable going into pin14 and doesn't look like the write one as the colours are all off..

I've searched over the forums but no one has asked where the instrament cluster cable is or where to run the other wires to. I dont wanna sound like a total noob but i guess i am hehe. Can't seem to find any thing on goggle or on these forums about the location... And i've searched far and wide under the dash so either i have to go deeper or im missing it...

It's for an EF falcon 1995, any help would be great! thanks..

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=46

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

thanks for the link but that didn't help. That just tells you how to install it into an Ea... and the link to the doc that i posted shows for the EF which is what i need. How ever, like i said i can't find that CABLE that is in the second picture.
Only thing that comes close to it is right under the dash there is a black box. WHich you can pull out a plug that looks like the plug in the second picture. How ever there is all ready a wire coming from the 14th pin (4th across when you flip the plug around is what im going by) which means it's the wrong plug...

All i wanna know is where do i locate the plug so i can run my wires...

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

hmmm why did i think you had a EA-ED??!! I dunno lol. :roll:

tried this one?

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=32

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

lol... Read my first post. Thats the link i posted saying i was installing off that guide... I just can't find the Right Hand Side Instrument Cluster Connector to put my data cable into thats all...

And i've been looking all over and i can't find any info on where to find it in the car under the dash...
So yeah i dont need guides to doing the trip computer cos i have that, just need to know WHERE THE PLUG IS!!! arg spent so much time looking for it then searching the net to find out where to look for it lol

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Are you saying you cannot find the RHS plug? If that's what you mean then that plug is connected into the bottom right of the dash instrument cluster itself. It's a 20 pin plug from memory. I've got a picture of it here somewhere if that's what you're after.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Yes that would be the one :)
Just need to knwo where im running this data cable to, cos the only plug i found doesn't look right...

And if not to much of a hassle where abouts to hook the other two... would be very nice :) As in pics (if you got em ) and location...

Cos i havn't a clue what this cluster cable is or anything i only just got me a ford the other day... so im learning!

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

There you go mate.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

OHHH i see now. I was looking in the WRONG place compeltly ok that makes more sence. Guess i got some more screws to undo to get to that. Cos i thought it was under the dash not the taco's
So i'll put the data cable from pin1 on the trip computer into the socket on that pic... i'll see if she will work :D

Thanks much <3
Time to mod!! :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]