Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Trip computer issue in ED GLi
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED GLI Classic, ED XR6 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been covered in the past, although I've been searching through google for hours with no solution to my problem.
I followed the tech doc for a trip computer installation into my ED GLi today (mid series, sports cluster)
I strongly believe that I've connected all wires correctly.
When I plug in the trip computer it turns on with the clock showing 12:00 and flashing for a few secs, then changes to a 0 and beeps continually.

Is the trip computer buggered or does someone think I've done something wrong?

A zero with continuous beeping would surgest zero klms meaning the fuel tank is empty?
I have a full tank of fuel so really not sure why it would be giving that reading.
I did connect Green/Yellow wire on trip computer loom to Green/Yellow on EEC loom for the fuel sender, I believe that wire is for the fuel sender, as mentioned in the tech doc.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated :)

ED XR6 Wagon, poly green, auto, unmolested (For now.......).

ED GLI Classic. Le mans Red, Advance extractors, 2.5'' exhaust, EF Thermo Fans, Pedders Sports Ryder Springs/Shocks, EB XR8 Recaro Style seats, American Racing 16'' Alloy Rims.

Post subject: Re: Trip computer issue in ED GLi
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

QLD, Australia

Can you switch through the trip computer modes? IE: avg kmh, fuel consumption etc etc

Pretty sure mine did something similar and i took very little notice of it till i got it all back together.. Then when i tuned it all in it no more beeping.. I'm not that knowledge d on the trip computer yet.. Still haven't driven mine much yet since installing it (Dash has been on and off continuously for other mods) But it sounds to me like if the trip computer is 'working' (IE: switches between modes etc) which is a good sign.

you may just need to just hit O/SPEED (To stop the over speed warning). Then set your desired speed before it starts yelling at you next time. And setup your clock/date/etc accordingly.

This is just theory because as i said.. i ignored the beeping until i tuned it all in. But i guess if the over-speed warning was set to default (which it would be.. new vehicle etc) and the default speed limit was 0 (i don't remember sorry) Then the car is beeping at you.. because your going over your own posted speed limit of exactly .. 0 ..

Does that make sense? Or should i seriously consider getting some sleep?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]