Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
cheersdude wrote:
I had an EF Fairmont with Tickford Gas & the Trip Computer didn't work for the Distance to Empty..
On the gas setting it wouldn't - the injectors are disabled through the LPG ECU, hence no pulse duration info for the trip computer. On petrol it should be as per a std petrol ECU.

So i take it the trip comp measures the injector pulse & works out how much fuel the engine is chewing thru, then how much is left in tank to get " distance to empty " estimate?

I should look into the electrics of my LPG Injection, see if i can hookup the trip comp to read distance to empty on lpg as well. Would be cool having all the trip's functions working as they should.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
So i take it the trip comp measures the injector pulse & works out how much fuel the engine is chewing thru, then how much is left in tank to get " distance to empty " estimate?
Yeah. essentially injector pulse width and fuel level.

ToranaGuy wrote:
I should look into the electrics of my LPG Injection, see if i can hookup the trip comp to read distance to empty on lpg as well. Would be cool having all the trip's functions working as they should.
Depends I suppose if it's running a separate ECU, and the data is compatible. http://www.gas-injection.com/ runs the setup through the original ECU, so this wouldn't need much modification (if any) at all. While I was running a std petrol ECU, I found the LPG TC info to be reasonably accurate, even though it was going off the petrol injector pulse widths.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

I checked out my LPG tank and it said something about 90ohms, will this make any difference?

Why is it that the LPG switch shows how much gas you have left and when I wire it (LPG sender) to the trip computer it always tells me I have 500 odd km left in the tank?
When I switch my car over to petrol it tells me I have 0km left in the tank, so it must be working to some extent!

Any thoughts?

FG G6E Turbo
Grandpa Spec!

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
Yeah. essentially injector pulse width and fuel level.

ToranaGuy wrote:
Depends I suppose if it's running a separate ECU, and the data is compatible. http://www.gas-injection.com/ runs the setup through the original ECU, so this wouldn't need much modification (if any) at all. While I was running a std petrol ECU, I found the LPG TC info to be reasonably accurate, even though it was going off the petrol injector pulse widths.

My LPGI system runs a seperate ECU for the gas injectors, i believe it works on modifying the factory pulse width to suit the lpg fuel, and it also fools the engine into thinking the petrol injectors are still running so the petrol ECU doesn't complain.

I've got a few tech doc's on the system, inc install manual, wiring diagrams for it's wiring loom, even ecu pinouts as well. My car was converted before it was a commercial product & i was treated to a copy of the installers tech doc's for the system. :D

Only my " distance to empty " is totally inaccurate atm, the rest as i've posted is fairly close to what's really being used.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Trip computer in my Egas BA is atrocious. Particularly "Distance to Empty" Fuel gauge has also never been accurate.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Gday, Im looking at installing a trip computer into my EL XR6, any advice on how to go about it would be great.

Cheers.

Gas is for Tight Asses and BBQ's.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2